Which MTB

kandiguy

Jul 7, 2004
I am looking into a new MTB and these are some of them. Please give opinion on best one--------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 Fuji MT Fuji Pro-----$1500
2005 Trek 6700--------$1079
2005 Giant XTC--------$1000
2005 Fuji Tahoe--------1050

Which one is the best in your opinion or any other suggestions?
-thanks

go cannondale............there is no other company out that is as good as them in my opinion. I have a Prophet as of last month and i payed $1400 4 it. I am 14. You r most likely older than me so u shouldnt have nearly as much a problem making the money as i did. I payed 4 it myself with absolutely no help from my parents. They dont exactly think that $1400 is a good price 4 a bike. But in my opinion it is an excellent price 4 a bike of that quality of construction and selection of parts. But whatever. I think it is a good hobby so that kids my age dont end up doing drugs or stealing stuff. Well good luck!

Prophet7131 said:
go cannondale............there is no other company out that is as good as them in my opinion. I have a Prophet as of last month and i payed $1400 4 it. I am 14. You r most likely older than me so u shouldnt have nearly as much a problem making the money as i did. I payed 4 it myself with absolutely no help from my parents. They dont exactly think that $1400 is a good price 4 a bike. But in my opinion it is an excellent price 4 a bike of that quality of construction and selection of parts. But whatever. I think it is a good hobby so that kids my age dont end up doing drugs or stealing stuff. Well good luck!

actually I am 14 also. haha

Prophet7131 said:
lol, at the age of 14 how would you know that cannondale is the best company out there?? You are probably comparing your cannondale to a cheapo one that you got fot your 7th birthday that had training wheels :rolleyes: .

Yes cannondales are good bikes but they do have problems just like every other brand will. My recommendation is to look beyond a "brand name" and have a look at the components on the bike and make sure you are getting good value for $$$.

actually i had a Specialized Hardrock and a Trek hardtail that i cant quite remember what it was right this second before my prophet so yes I have had bikes other than cannondale and and I actually mountain bike in some way shape or form pretty much daily. I also pretty much live at the city bike shop. This shop caries Santa Cruise (sp?), Cannondale, Specialized, Trek, Redline, Diamondback, and a variety of others and yes I do know quite a bit about various bike brands. I am not just gung-ho for Cannondale. There are bikes out there that are just as good if not better than Cannondale bikes. I have just had excellent luck with mine components and strenghth wise. I do look at components and consider bikes just because of their components and frame quality but this prophet that I own right now was THE best bike at my local bike shop. It had the best components, frame quality and strength, and most travel for an all-mountain bike.

also I would look at kona dawgs and trek fuels. The fuels riding style is kind of odd, but you could probably get used to it.