Which MTB

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by kandiguy, Feb 14, 2005.

1. kandiguy

kandiguy New Member

I am looking into a new MTB and these are some of them. Please give opinion on best one--------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 Fuji MT Fuji Pro-----$1500
    2005 Trek 6700--------$1079
    2005 Giant XTC--------$1000
    2005 Fuji Tahoe--------1050

Which one is the best in your opinion or any other suggestions?
    -thanks

Tags:

2. Prophet7131

Prophet7131 New Member

go cannondale............there is no other company out that is as good as them in my opinion. I have a Prophet as of last month and i payed $1400 4 it. I am 14. You r most likely older than me so u shouldnt have nearly as much a problem making the money as i did. I payed 4 it myself with absolutely no help from my parents. They dont exactly think that $1400 is a good price 4 a bike. But in my opinion it is an excellent price 4 a bike of that quality of construction and selection of parts. But whatever. I think it is a good hobby so that kids my age dont end up doing drugs or stealing stuff. Well good luck!

3. kandiguy

kandiguy New Member

actually I am 14 also. haha

4. Mellic

Mellic New Member

lol, at the age of 14 how would you know that cannondale is the best company out there?? You are probably comparing your cannondale to a cheapo one that you got fot your 7th birthday that had training wheels :rolleyes: .

Yes cannondales are good bikes but they do have problems just like every other brand will. My recommendation is to look beyond a "brand name" and have a look at the components on the bike and make sure you are getting good value for $$$.

5. Prophet7131

Prophet7131 New Member

actually i had a Specialized Hardrock and a Trek hardtail that i cant quite remember what it was right this second before my prophet so yes I have had bikes other than cannondale and and I actually mountain bike in some way shape or form pretty much daily. I also pretty much live at the city bike shop. This shop caries Santa Cruise (sp?), Cannondale, Specialized, Trek, Redline, Diamondback, and a variety of others and yes I do know quite a bit about various bike brands. I am not just gung-ho for Cannondale. There are bikes out there that are just as good if not better than Cannondale bikes. I have just had excellent luck with mine components and strenghth wise. I do look at components and consider bikes just because of their components and frame quality but this prophet that I own right now was THE best bike at my local bike shop. It had the best components, frame quality and strength, and most travel for an all-mountain bike.

6. Prophet7131

Prophet7131 New Member

also I would look at kona dawgs and trek fuels. The fuels riding style is kind of odd, but you could probably get used to it.