Which newsstory registered with you, most?

thecyclist said:
But I don't see how you can determine Rasmussen, Riis and the Schleck brothers are bigger "frauds" than other riders, riders like Contador or Evans.

Contador wasn't very good before this year even though he rode on Saiz doping team. Then all of a sudden he explodes with Discovery.

Remember how Evans took off with Armstrong and Basso and dropped Ullrich (who caught them again), Rasmussen and Vinokourov on the last climb in the 2005 tour? I don't see any reason to believe he is cleaner than those riders.

I don't think there is any point in speculating or claiming to know who would be better in a clean peloton, because we have no way of knowing.
re: Evans. That was a surprising move. He had legs. You do not have legs on the third week, if you are not getting recovery dope. In his defense, he did ride the Tour, underdone, he broke his collarbone, and was not at his peak early. And that stage was more in his liking. The classics parcours, are his route, not the really high mountains.

He has always been a good rider. Dominated mtnbs. Landis was nowhere to be seen.

Armstrong was braggin' about horse steroids in the 98 Vuelta, that he had access to, and no one else did.

Evans has reshaped his body, and you cannot do that without hormones and corticos to atrophy useless muscle.

thunder said:
re:

Armstrong was braggin' about horse steroids in the 98 Vuelta, that he had access to, and no one else did.

Do tell more. I always assumed that the Texan braggart was pretty discrete when it came to exactly what it was he was ingesting. We know all about him weighing his food and his supposedly unique, meticulous diet, but I thought he'd always kept pretty quiet about the real ****.

Gregers said:
thunder said:
re:

Do tell more. I always assumed that the Texan braggart was pretty discrete when it came to exactly what it was he was ingesting. We know all about him weighing his food and his supposedly unique, meticulous diet, but I thought he'd always kept pretty quiet about the real ****.
let's just say, those on his team, heard his braggadocio. The guy had never won the Tour at that point, and it was a pretty gung-ho atmostphere, even after the 98 Tour.

He had no requirement to be discrete, and he was always brash. Perhaps he was not bragging to competitors, but he was bragging to those in his circle.

Gregers I responded re: Thorpe, but it never showed, I will reply again soon.

thunder said:
He has always been a good rider. Dominated mtnbs. Landis was nowhere to be seen.
But maybe he just started doping earlier than Landis. Rasmussen was MTB World Champion, should we assume he did that clean?

I don't think it's fair to say that some riders are donkeys or bigger frauds than others, just because they didn't dope their whole career.

Richmond Roadie said:
http://209.246.137.47/2002/tchmil/image1.html
Seriously, check them out.

Good heavens! That's intimidating!:eek:
How 'bout this one? Looks like he could kick my butt with only one quad.
22.jpg

classic1 said:
Hard *******. Respect.
I remembered him as a really skinny *******.

I don't think you get legs like that doing 20,000 miles a year. You get it with loads of hormones.

Looks like Cancellara's prologue physique. Ripped lower body like a track sprinter, upper body like a roadie.

thunder said:

I don't think you get legs like that doing 20,000 miles a year. You get it with loads of hormones.

Looks like Cancellara's prologue physique. Ripped lower body like a track sprinter, upper body like a roadie.

Tchmil was (is) a huge fan of boxing.

Do boxers have large legs like his????

limerickman said:

I don't know, but Popo was a jnr gold gloves in the Ukraine.

At the 2006 California Popo and Robbie Hunter dismounted to go the knuckle. I think cooler heads prevailed. A boxer will always beat a non-boxer, especially a talented one. But Hunter is a tuff nut, he could have taken some punishment.

thunder said:
I don't know, but Popo was a jnr gold gloves in the Ukraine.
Great. Then we know that he is clean or almost clean. He has always been a huge talent.

limerickman said:

Some do. True boxers, as opposed to punchers, usually don't. It is an advantage for a boxer to have most of their weight in their upper bodies, so sometimes you find boxers with legs that do not seem to match their upper bodies. Tyson, a puncher, had solid legs

Bro Deal said:
Some do. True boxers, as opposed to punchers, usually don't. It is an advantage for a boxer to have most of their weight in their upper bodies, so sometimes you find boxers with legs that do not seem to match their upper bodies. Tyson, a puncher, had solid legs
Yea, Tyson brought his upper-cut by starting with his legs.

thunder said:

No, you get it doing 35,000kms + per year plus loads of hormones. A few old pros have told me its no good hitting yourself unless you train like a madman.:p

classic1 said:
No, you get it doing 35,000kms + per year plus loads of hormones. A few old pros have told me its no good hitting yourself unless you train like a madman.:p
see the Wiggins body, then see the Cancellara body.

Striking difference. Like Tchmil versus Rasmussen :D

Tragic: Pantani's death. The system used him up, and spit him out when they were done with him. For the first time, I began to see how cruel the highest echelons of cycling could be. Marco was everything a true champion should be - a fireball with talent. But they don't want that - they want polite, cooperative champions who take their dope and take the hit when they get caught.

Depressing: Puerto - it's never going to end, is it? Half the peloton going to the same doctor, and it took the Spanish police to find out about it. Same goes for Bruyneel hiring Basso. Pretty much confirmed which camp he was in. Say it ain't so, Johann.

Ironic: Ullrich and Puerto. He should have quit in 06, like Armstrong.

Pathetic: Basso's explanation. How dumb do you think we are? Chicken seems to be following the same line of thought.

Positive: Lemond winning the Tour, and Andy's Giro win. Americans can ride, after all.

JohnO said:
Positive: Lemond winning the Tour, and Andy's Giro win. Americans can ride, after all.

Absolutely agree.

Both were fabulous riders in my opinion.
Any rider who could beat Hinault has to be special, and LeMond was a superb rider.
The best rider ever produced by the US - in my opinion.

Hampsten.
What can one say that is critical of a man with a palmares that includes the Tour de Suisse and Giro?
Another great rider.