Which of you was it tonight?

David Martin

Guest
Fife Midweek time trial at Freuchie. I was just about to start and you
said hello and that you recognised me from here but didn't give your
name. Sorry if I was a bit distant but I was just about to race.

And just for bragging - got a PB as well so very pleased with the
evening.

...d

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Fife Midweek time trial at Freuchie. I was just about to start and you
> said hello and that you recognised me from here but didn't give your
> name. Sorry if I was a bit distant but I was just about to race.
>
> And just for bragging - got a PB as well so very pleased with the
> evening.
>
> ..d

It was me, I had a horrible time, my legs felt like they were on the verge
of cramping the whole way. My average heart rate was 177bpm (which is higher
than my supposed MAX according to age). Unfortunately this high HR didn't
mean I was going fast. I didn't get the full results but I'm pretty sure I
was slowest by a fair way, missed a PB by 1sec.

Jim J

On Jun 11, 11:28 pm, "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Fife Midweek time trial at Freuchie. I was just about to start and you
> > said hello and that you recognised me from here but didn't give your
> > name. Sorry if I was a bit distant but I was just about to race.

> > And just for bragging - got a PB as well so very pleased with the
> > evening.

> > ..d

> It was me, I had a horrible time, my legs felt like they were on the verge
> of cramping the whole way. My average heart rate was 177bpm (which is higher
> than my supposed MAX according to age). Unfortunately this high HR didn't
> mean I was going fast. I didn't get the full results but I'm pretty sure I
> was slowest by a fair way, missed a PB by 1sec.

1s off a PB doesn't sound like slow. It was a strange evening. Most
people were slower than last week, but several were faster.

Slowest on the night would have been over 28 mins but I wasn't really
listening once I had my time. There was one DNF (puncture) so you will
have come at least second last, taking my usual spot !

...d

Jim writtificated

[on time trials]
> I had a horrible time, my legs felt like they were on the
> verge of cramping the whole way. My average heart rate was 177bpm
> (which is higher than my supposed MAX according to age).

Isn't this what time trials are supposed to feel like? :)

>> It was me, I had a horrible time, my legs felt like they were on the
>> verge
>> of cramping the whole way. My average heart rate was 177bpm (which is
>> higher
>> than my supposed MAX according to age). Unfortunately this high HR didn't
>> mean I was going fast. I didn't get the full results but I'm pretty sure
>> was slowest by a fair way, missed a PB by 1sec.

> 1s off a PB doesn't sound like slow. It was a strange evening. Most
> people were slower than last week, but several were faster.

Yep, I guess I'm starting this year at the point I left off last year,
'just thought I might have been faster :-|
I reckon I completely bolloxed the pacing, going into Zone 5 just 90secs
after the off isn't a good idea, not for me anyway.

> Slowest on the night would have been over 28 mins but I wasn't really
> listening once I had my time.

Try over 29 mins :-(

>There was one DNF (puncture) so you will
> have come at least second last, taking my usual spot !
>
> ..d

Yes and if the other Jim who punctured (he gets a lot) was the last starter
@ number 20, I would be 19th, which I think gets me 2 points!

Jim J

On Jun 13, 12:45 am, "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote:
> [...]

Don't think it was big Jim F who punctured. I might be wrong. I think
there were 21 or 22 starters. Not seen the results sheet yet (W seems
quite slow at getting them to Graham)

I have picked up a sum total of 1 point for each of the other TTs I
have done. The apprentice (Youth A lad from Disco) turns up last week
and gets 15= out of 30, and this week would have been a much higher
place. More points than me after just one ride.. ;-)

Are you riding the Thistle event on Tuesday? Meigle-> Coupar Angus and
back.
If so, say hi again.

> Are you riding the Thistle event on Tuesday? Meigle-> Coupar Angus and
> back.
> If so, say hi again.
>
> ..d

Naw, 2nd July at Cleish would be my next chance, I fancy riding to the event
to see if that helps, it would be about an hour from home with a 900 foot
hill on the way.
Cheers
Jim J

On Jun 16, 11:04 pm, "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:2522a829-b11a-4c33-99ed-19bf779571a8@m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...> Are you riding the Thistle event on Tuesday? Meigle-> Coupar Angus and
> > back.
> > If so, say hi again.

> > ..d

> Naw, 2nd July at Cleish would be my next chance, I fancy riding to the event
> to see if that helps, it would be about an hour from home with a 900 foot
> hill on the way.
> Cheers
> Jim J

Should be there - I like the Cleish course. I'll hopefully do the next
three weeks.

Had a bit of a **** night yesterday - did a 28.34 which was
disappointing. I spent the first two miles trying to persuade myself
to not turn round and go home!

...d