Which Part Of The Day Do You Enjoy Cycling?

shilpa123

Feb 18, 2015
I usually cycle early in the morning. I think I completely love everything about my life when I start my day by riding on a bike. But I have also come across a lot of women who prefer to ride in the evening. So which do you prefer?

I like to ride my bike in the evening with people (mostly women) from my church. I do not like the feeling of cycling in the morning and then spending the rest of my day tired. However, on the weekend, sometimes I cycle in the morning but I still prefer to cycle in the evening overall. The thing this, when I ride in the morning, the sun will start to come up and I will get very uncomfortable riding under very bright sun but if I ride in the evening, it will just get darker and I can just ride home before it gets completely dark.

I get hot and sweaty pretty easily, so I prefer the cooler morning temperatures. In the summer especially, the afternoon and early evening are so miserable I can't get home fast enough so I can get in a cool shower.

In the winter of course it's kind of the opposite, as winter mornings are often below freezing, which makes for very cold fingers.

I love cycling in the early morning just as life is just starting to wake up. There is something magical about the early morning light when you have one of those wonderful mornings that is either slightly misty and starting to clear, or you get an absolutely gorgeous sunrise to watch. It just adds something to the ride that other times of the day just can't. Being off-road during this time of day is almost as good as it gets.

I usually get stuck riding during the mid morning hours, but I always try and get up early to ride (I am NOT a morning person!). I think I would prefer riding in the evening but where I live it is always hot and muggy with lots of bugs in the evening. Even though it is really hot mid morning, at least it is too hot for the bugs too. Maybe someday I will become a morning person and I can enjoy the humidity free mornings around here but that is probably far in the future!

I'm used to morning hours because of the commute to work haha. Generally I don't have to commute as hard on a bike during the evenings because the bus lines run more often then. But I agree, during summer evenings are just disgustingly humid to get enjoyability out of it.

I tend to get really sticky really fast. I prefer showering in the morning so I like getting a little cycle ride in before that even though I rarely get the chance now. The best thing about having cycling in the morning if you feel refreshed and energized to start the day.

It'll b in the morning for me. That's the time of day when I'm at my absolute best. I have energy and I'm motivated. And the exercise will make me feel better throughout the rest of the day.

I love to ride my bike in the morning. I love smelling the morning dew, I know it sounds corny but it's true. I feel so good after I ride; initially when I'm done I'm tired but then I have a burst of energy for the better part of the day after, no coffee needed. I often see others riding their bikes in the morning but it's mostly men. The few times that I have went out later in the day definitely before sundown I mostly see women I don't know if it's just my area or what. Maybe I'm just one of the guys at heart, Lol. I'm not sure but I never actually speak to anyone it's all just a head nod a keep it pushing. I think the morning riders get it; you can have a more productive day once you get used to morning cycling.

My girlfriend and I both prefer cycling in the morning. She probably goes out more often than I do on her bicycle, though she won't go any time other than the morning. That's definitely her favorite time by virtue of being her only time. I'll hit the trails in the evening from time to time, though.

I like going for a ride at daybreak, when I can watch the sunrise. It's really nice to watch the sun come up as I'm riding along. I also like sunset, but mornings my favorite.

Nothing beats an early morning ride especially when the air is chilly. The cold sweat on my back feels like an elixir that gives me the strength to pedal and pedal as if fatigue is not a reality. However, an early morning ride is tantamount to exposing yourself to dangers. Here, it is not safe for a biker to be alone by herself in the early morning because criminal elements can be prowling and just waiting for a chance. Be careful.

I'm not a morning person and since I mostly cycle on weekends the evening is the best option for me. Especially if I'm together with a friend. It's nice to have a ride in the evening and the temperatures are not high as day ones.

I would love to ride in the morning only because the air is cooler and it would be more enjoyable however I am not a morning person so I usually ride in the afternoon when the sun is setting

I really like to go cycling very early in the morning. I usually go bike riding when not a lot of people in my neighborhood is awake. I just feel a sort of comfort and I enjoy the breeze. I normally go in morning because it is very quiet and less noisy. I feel very peaceful no matter what time of day I go cycling!

In the evening when it is not hot. I hate sweating while cycling. I also prefer in the evening since that is when am free from work. I do not like the hot afternoon weather. I can easily avoid traffic if I go cycling very early in the morning. I also do not like cycling while it is raining.

To me biking is a way to get around; it is my transportation. So I guess that I just don't think to much about what times of day it is fun or not fun or more nice. I am generally out in the morning and early evening and it is much of a muchness. But that might have to do with being in the city where things are mostly the same at any time of day or night.

When I was a student I would get up really early and bike out into the country (I was studying at a agricultural unit). I have a really vivid memory from that time of biking down the farm track as a short cut, alongside the cows coming in for milking, and it was misty and golden with the cows almost as silhouettes and the steam rising of them as they ambled along That was probably the most I ever enjoyed being on a bike.

It probably helped that I was twenty-something years younger and could bike through mud without having muscle pains for a week like I would now.

I like the afternoon/ early evening. I also like riding my bike and watching the sun slowly rise in the sky in the morning.

I live in a very hot part of the United States. Right now, it is summer and the heat is far worse than at any other time of the year. I prefer to cycle during the evening hours best. The sun goes down a little and there is always a better breeze that sets in and this makes it a more pleasurable experience.