Which pedal to buy?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by dwj444, Aug 26, 2003.

1. jitteringjr

jitteringjr New Member

Thank you for all the advice. I picked up a pair of ultegra r600 spd-sl pedals and rode them for the first time today along with a new pair of Shimano road shoes. I can't believe how much of a difference they offer over MTB shoes and old spd pedals. I couldn’t feel any weak spot in my spinning and they were so smooth. For 2 years I have been too cheap to buy road shoes and pedals. I was using the same pair for MTBing and road riding.

It didn't take any getting used to. After only one practice try getting in and out, I was able to hover at a near standstill at a traffic light while still clipped in (like I always did with the SPD's) and not have a problem. They are great pedals. They weigh less than the Looks and have better clearance. I would definitely recommend them

2. less'go

less'go New Member

Hey there, I like your outlook, I'm getting really into cycling but can't imagine having to wear special shoes just to ride my bike! I like to ride to go places, and don't want to walk around in special sneakers at the market or whatever. So you just use, let me see if I got this right, pedals? Just plain old lightweight, flat, run-o-the-mill pedals? I've been wondering if I needed to buy something else, but now I'm not so sure...

Happy riding!
    Sara ;)