Which Peugeot Is That?

CLB brake pads and parts here: http://bikeselections.com/bikes/us/clb-brakes

Koolstop and Scott Mathauser pads will fit CLB pad holders with a little bit of trimming on the corners of the pad material.

The Yellow Jersey stocks a few CLB spares, but I would think the French online bike shops would have the old parts you need.

I don't do online shopping anymore unless absolutely necessary... I hate it... The wait, the emails, the card number typing, the customer support... Not to mention if you actually end up calling a shop in France you're in for a real bad time and an expensive phone bill. :D

Will pick up the fork and frame tomorrow and do a bit of prep work for painting first.

I dunno about these brake pad fittings... I mean I like originality but I also like having unbroken bones. :D

Might check with some salmon coolstops... If they are something fruity like "predictable modulation of force" then I will just toss the fittings and put a pair of long v brake or some good-ish road brakes...

I had a hard time finding brakes that actually stop in a 21 century bike... can't even start to imagine how bad these might be. :D

"Zer iz nowouan avzailabbl" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqnFnWSYzaQ

I was not aware that there were Peugeot bikes, but after a quick search I realized there are quite a few of them.

1979_Peugeot_UO-9_Super_Sport_road_bike.jpg

Get to da choppah! But, before you do...try this stuff. It's awesome.

$_35.JPG

Well, today I found someone else's Nishiki bicycle in the employee car parking garage. The bike is obviously abandoned. How do I know this? Because the chain came off the chainring and is now well and truly rusted. I saw it in 2009. In, I believe, exactly the same location, and the chain was off the chainring then, too. This bike has derailleur shifting sticks that are just like my 1970s bike from some department store of that era. They are vertical sticks, and you can see the rusted shift cables attached to the back of the levers. The cable is sort of pulled over a semicircle of metal. I didn't check the brand of shifters or brakes, I will do that on Monday. I'll take pictures too.

My theory: an employee left the bike there in the garage, intending to come back and fix it. However, the employee died soon thereafter. This is a theory. I don't know if it is correct, and I don't know the employee either, having never met him or her.

Bob

Mmmm spooky. :D

I've been checking that Peugeot for years but nobody knew who's it was.

When the "Elders of the building" :D finally found out that it was from a tenant that moved out 10 years ago and just left it there, they decided to remove it, so I got it.

My advice: If the bike you checked is in a closed space and doesn't seem to be very used, just take it. Tell somebody too just in case the owner finally comes back from Narnia and starts looking for it. :D

"Well, today I found someone else's Nishiki bicycle in the employee car parking garage."

1. List it on eBay for $295.
2. Make up some **** & bull story about a super low serial number.
3. Shill your auction skillfully on various cycling websites.

4. Profit!

@CampyBob, it is an interesting thought! I will post photos of the alleged Nishiki on Monday but I can't speak to an eBay auction. I'll want to find the owner or his/her heirs first. I feel duty bound to at least write to the person, especially if s/he is cooling off in prison. Given the advanced state of rusting I observed, I'm surprised the bicycle hasn't crumbled into a nice pile of corrosion flakes. Then the cleaning guy could just vacuum it up. I guess, like Peugeot, Nishiki built them tough! (Smile)

Bob