Which power meter should I get?

astri21

Jul 26, 2023
Hello! I am a triathlete looking to upgrade my training by getting a power meter. I am a poor grad student so I am trying to find a cheap but reliable option. First, any suggestions on which one I should get? I have heard good things about the 4iiii crank arm, stages crank arm, and favero assioma pedals. Any recommendations?

Second, I currently have two bikes: one road bike for outdoor riding, and one old and moderately rusted road bike exclusively used on the trainer. I inherited the trainer bike from my dad as a beater to stay on the trainer. I would like to use my power meter on both bikes (so I guess the a pedal-based power meter is more ideal for switching), but I am worried the pedals (or crank arm) would be damaged if I attach it to my shitty trainer bike. Is this something I should be worried about?

Hey! Power meters are a great tool for triathlon training. If you're looking for a budget-friendly option, the 4iiii and Stages crank arms are solid choices. They provide accurate data at a reasonable price. As for the Favero Assioma pedals, they give you dual-sided power readings, but they're a bit pricier. It really depends on your budget and preferences. Good luck with your training!