Which Presta bike tubes have removable cores?

'Some' Continental tubes have a removable core. I think all Vittoria tubes do also, but I would have to look at my stash and check a bunch to be certain.

Some guys will tell you that Bontrager does not have a removable core...but, I'm holding one in my hand right now that does (700 x 23-25c size / 48 MM stem length).

Basically, go to a few bike shops and ask or have the sales dude open a box or two for you.

Thanks
LBS said they have Bontrager tubes were removable core. $10 each.

How do you tell?
Do you need a special tool to remove the core ?

Found that Schwalbe tubes are removable core too.

Need 4 , 2 for the bike & 2 spares.

LBS said they have Bontrager tubes were removable core. $10 each.

How do you tell?.
Removeable core tubes have two tool flats in the threads where the valve cap screws on.
Sometimes there's a difference in metals. The stem might be brass/yellow, and the core chromed/nickel plated/silvery.
Or the other way around. The tool flats is a more reliable tell.
Never seen a non-removeable valve core with tool flats.

Do you need a special tool to remove the core ?.
"Need" is a tricky word. There are special core remover tools for Prestas too. I got one with a tube once. And promptly lost it. A small adjustable wrench has worked fine for me ever since. Pliers will work too, but are a bit crude.
Found that Schwalbe tubes are removable core too.
I'm quite certain that not all Schwalbes have removeable cores.
If removeable cores is what you want, read on the boxes, or check the stem. Don't go by brand alone.

Removeable core tubes have two tool flats in the threads where the valve cap screws on.
Sometimes there's a difference in metals. The stem might be brass/yellow, and the core chromed/nickel plated/silvery.
Or the other way around. The tool flats is a more reliable tell.
Never seen a non-removeable valve core with tool flats.

Thanks

Ordered these from Amazon today : Schwalbe tubes
( hope they are removable stems.)

Found a link that shows pics of removable presta stems .
He recommends Truegoo tire sealant.

http://k0lee.com/2009/10/putting-tire-sealant-in-presta-valve-tubes/

presta-valve-11.jpg

presta-valve-2.jpg presta-valve-3.jpg

I also use Presta valves, and wanted to add a Slime type mixture, and found an article on youtube I think that explained that by removing the tightening nut on top, and then dropping the rest of the valve into the intertube, where you now need to keep track of it with your fingers, you can then add your Slime type material and then just manage to bring the valve back to the inside of the tube and reinsert it into the valve hole.

I tried this, and then lost track of the core when entering the slime, but was fairly easy to find it again and reinsert it the valve. I then reinstalled the external nut, and now I am all set. I do have a friend who was poking a small hold in the tube, and then inserting the Slime this way, and then patching the hole by normal methods, but I think that I have convinced him that my method is better.