Which pro athlete do you dislike the most?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Pendejo, May 10, 2007.

1. kyperman

kyperman New Member

From what I read, he is a foul-mouthed tyrant, al'la Bobby Knight. And I just don't like him...plain and simple. I could add Bobby Knight to the list also...I like quiet and composed coaches, not loud and irate ones.

2. n2t

n2t New Member

I see your point but I'm glad he puts a few of these 18yo millionares in their place and plays some basketball. I'm not a big fan of the hype, I love the game and the Jazz are all about the game. Then again so are the spurs, with a bit of added experiance as they so nicely are proving it seems.

3. bigpedaler

bigpedaler New Member

as a vet myself, i never would badmouth a fellow serviceman -- at least before now.

SHUT THE F*** UP, DOUCHEBAG!!!! YOU'RE AN EASY TARGET 'CAUSE OF THE SIZE OF YOUR HEAD!! HOW MUCH EXTRA KEVLAR WENT INTO THAT CUSTOM HELMET?

4. Pendejo

Pendejo Member

Oh, c'mon, Kyp, who says Bobby Knight is foul-mouthed?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kPE_FUZFeLM

5. linck

linck New Member

Well as a vet you should not have a problem with me standing up for all soldiers. Wurm thinks that just because he was in the service he can bad mouth soldiers. and to quote.......
    "Being a jingoistic, militaristic, mind-focked douche bag is a sport. Main "athletic" skills being: one's ability to kill, maim, torture, or rape innocent Ay-Rab ragheads (and lie about it later) vs. one's ability to outrun car bombers and avoid IED's. Of course, real honor and true patriotism are not pre-requisites, so it's easy to begin your new sports career!Biggest Downside: you don't get as much network TV exposure as say...OJ or Barry Bonds or Floyd or Latrell Sprewell. Biggest Upside: you get to say things like, "Ah fought in Eye-RACK (or AY-stan), so you better have some RESPEK!"....End quote

If your ok with that then by all means sit passively on the side line and let yourself be berated by some who uses his prior service to cover his hypocrisy.
    I however will not sit idly by and let my fellow service members be tagged as such. If your perception is that I am being bigheaded that was not my intention, I was not speaking on my behalf alone, but on the behalf of all my fellow soldiers that are constantly having this kind of diatribe thrown at us.
    When someone badmouths my Army I feel obligated to speak back. I for one and not a single soldier in my unit ever murdered, raped or tortured anyone.
    sorry you feel that way. In the future you might want to keep your rants to itellectual thought and stay away from the vulgarity. foul language only shows a lack of intelligence, by demonstrating that you lack vocabulary and cannot convey yourself as an intelligent person. i am sure that you are an intelligent person but perception being what it is would lead people to believe other wise. You do not have to curse at me to make a point. I am very openminded, and would listen to all you had to say.
    Oh and it took four regular kevlars to make mine. :)

6. kspangler

kspangler New Member

Disappointed is a better - BASSO.

7. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Lleyton Hewitt?
    Why do you dislike Hewitt?

He's a great tennis player.
    I have to say I don't know much about him persoanlly - but as a player he's bloody good.

Just interested in reading why an Aussie lady would dislike one of the (current) best Aussie players.

8. Freehub

Freehub New Member

Joey Porter.

On activities being a sport or not: Look up the word and then you'll see that a lot of activities, games, events are also sports. However, words give us a way to tell these different sports apart. Some of those words are: Cycling, Football,
    golf, and yes even curling. So while Cycling is not auto racing, they are both sports.

9. janiejones

janiejones New Member

10. janiejones

janiejones New Member

I'll just jump in here as well - He is an arrogant, foul mouthed, dick - just because he's an "Aussie" doesn't mean we have to like him.

And that freakin' "Come ooooonnnnn!!!!!!!" while pointing his hand at his head - bloody hell - go back to pre-school.

11. Pendejo

Pendejo Member

I suppose we all have our own concept of what constitutes a sport. For me, a true sport requires that you be physically fit in order to excel. So that rules out things like darts, target shooting, and bowling. Golf probably doesn't make the cut, either. Baseball is right on the edge - some of its positions require fitness (pitcher, catcher) but most don't.

But debating about such definitions is really just a parlor-game. It's like debating about whether or not Iraq is in a state of civil war (a parlor-game that U.S. politicians love to play). Who cares what you call it? We all can see what it is. The reality is the important thing. The label you choose to pin on it is not.

12. JohnO

JohnO New Member

Disagree, somewhat. Sport isn't just endurance or physical strength.

Golf - Nail a 300 yard drive into a dogleg with a crosswind, when there's half a million dollars riding on it.

Target shooting. Try holding a 14 pound target rifle steady enough to hit anything. All while you're reading what the wind is doing.

Baseball - I once did batting practice while at the U of Miami against their fastball ace. I couldn't even see the ball go by. How the devil do you hit something like that?

Auto racing. The temperature can skyrocket in some cars. One mistake could be fatal. Now, maintain that level of concentration for three hours.

Power is nothing without control. To tell the truth, the more PED's invade the strength or endurance sports, the more I find the control sports interesting.

13. Wurm

Wurm New Member

Why do you dislike P. Roy? Because he allegedly slapped his gf/wife around? He was one of the all-time best NHL goalies. And he colleged about 15 miles from where I'm at right now. (RPI, Troy, NY)

14. Freehub

Freehub New Member

I usually just go by Webster's definition.

15. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

What sport does he play?:confused:

16. Freehub

Freehub New Member

Football
    Joey Porter is a defensive linebacker. He played for Pittsburgh last year.
    He likes to taunt.