Which PT CPU is the newest?...

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by Terry Ferguson, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Terry Ferguson

Terry Ferguson New Member

Which yellow PT CPU is the newest (holds 15 hrs of data)? The one I am using (I have both) has the CycleOps trademark along the front left. It said "FULL" today and quit recording data with about 7.5 hrs (way less than 15 anyway) of data. I am using it with a PRO.

The manual that came with my XL says that the one without the trademark is the 15 hr model and the CycleOps on-line XL manual says just the opposite. I emailed the company and the reply said that the on-line manual is correct, but now I run out at about 7.5 hours????

Confused,
    TF

Tags:

2. Macey

Macey New Member

The 15 hour one is meant to be the newest, but I thought that it hadn't been released yet (wasn't this meant to be part of the SL 2.4 release?).

The latest CPU firmware is 2.21, but I don't know how you check the firmware version.

Talking of which, has anyone heard any news on the 2.4 release? I have emailed this question to Saris, but haven't heard back yet. Was meant to be some time around June wasn't it?

3. Terry Ferguson

Terry Ferguson New Member

I have 2.21 firmware.

So evidently the on-line manual, the manual that came with the SL and the email from customer service are wrong???

TF

4. Macey

Macey New Member

All too confusing. I have recently emailed Saris and they say that the 15 hour one is shipping with the pro, and 7 hour standard. I guess that means 15 hour should be with the SL too?

5. Macey

Macey New Member

Apparently when you turn it on, the first thing you should see is either Pro or Std on the top, and firmware number on the bottom.

So is it the one that says Pro that gives you 15 hours? That is the way it is meant to be.

6. Krazyderek

Krazyderek New Member

i have one of the cpu's with the logo on the left and the latest firmware, so according to that latest online manual i should have 15 hours at 1sec, but even on 1sec i've never needed to go over 5 hours of recording time. What are you doing that you need over 7? Just can't get around to downloading the files between rides?

Maybe i'll try not downloading for the next couple of rides and see when my cpu top's out too.