Which RAB sleeping bag is this?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Thomas Laugesen, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. I bought a used sleeping bag from an add in a Danish newspaper (I'm Danish as well) but I don't seem
    to be able to find any current model exactly like it on the internet. The specs are: RAB logo, and
    the washing label saying that it is pertex in and out. Fill Quality: New Goose Down Fill Weight: 700
    It came with an anonymous white cotton stuff bag with the following homemade inscription on it:
    "Prem. 700 Superlight Reg" (which would seem to match better with some of the North Face bags, and
    might be a red herring but for the weight).

    The colours are: Red outside, dark grey inside.

    Does this ring a bell with anybody? I would like to know the name, so I could check the temperature
    ratings for it (which I gather must be quite okay. I just don't want to wake up and be suffering
    hypothermia
    :)).

    --Thomas

    Tags:

  2. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Thomas Laugesen
    <[email protected][notreallypartofaddress].invalid> writes
    >I bought a used sleeping bag from an add in a Danish newspaper (I'm Danish as well) but I don't
    >seem to be able to find any current model exactly like it on the internet. The specs are: RAB logo,
    >and the washing label saying that it is pertex in and out. Fill Quality: New Goose Down Fill
    >Weight: 700 It came with an anonymous white cotton stuff bag with the following homemade
    >inscription on it: "Prem. 700 Superlight Reg" (which would seem to match better with some of the
    >North Face bags, and might be a red herring but for the weight).
    >
    >The colours are: Red outside, dark grey inside.
    >
    >Does this ring a bell with anybody? I would like to know the name, so I could check the temperature
    >ratings for it (which I gather must be quite okay. I just don't want to wake up and be suffering
    >hypothermia
    >:)).
    >
    >--Thomas

    Try emailing Rab - their email is [email protected]

    --

    http://www.dscs.demon.co.uk/

  3. Druidh

    Druidh Guest

    "Thomas Laugesen" <[email protected][notreallypartofaddress]hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > I bought a used sleeping bag from an add in a Danish newspaper (I'm Danish as well) but I don't
    > seem to be able to find any current model exactly like it on the internet. The specs are: RAB
    > logo, and the washing label saying that it is pertex in and out. Fill Quality: New Goose Down Fill
    > Weight: 700 It came with an anonymous white cotton stuff bag with the following homemade
    > inscription on it: "Prem. 700 Superlight Reg" (which would seem to match better with some of the
    > North Face bags, and might be a red herring but for the weight).
    >
    > The colours are: Red outside, dark grey inside.
    >
    > Does this ring a bell with anybody? I would like to know the name, so I could check the
    > temperature ratings for it (which I gather must be quite okay. I just don't want to wake up and be
    > suffering hypothermia
    > :)).
    >
    > --Thomas

    Like the label says, it's a Rab Premier 700. My 1994 F&T catalogue (I know, I know!) says 4 season.
    This was before the manufacturers tried to be a bit more scientific about temperature ratings, but
    at the end of the day(!) it depends on how warm YOU think it is.

    Specs in full

    Weight: 1,650 gms Filling: 960gms Goose Down 700 Construction: Slant wall, double chest Total
    Length: 220cm Outer fabric: Pertex 5 Lining: Pertex 4

    druidh

  4. On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 22:06:23 GMT, "druidh"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Thomas Laugesen" <[email protected][notreallypartofaddress]hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I bought a used sleeping bag from an add in a Danish newspaper (I'm Danish as well) but I don't
    >> seem to be able to find any current model exactly like it on the internet. The specs are: RAB
    >> logo, and the washing label saying that it is pertex in and out. Fill Quality: New Goose Down
    >> Fill Weight: 700 It came with an anonymous white cotton stuff bag with the following homemade
    >> inscription on it: "Prem. 700 Superlight Reg" (which would seem to match better with some of the
    >> North Face bags, and might be a red herring but for the weight).
    >>
    >> The colours are: Red outside, dark grey inside.
    >>
    >> Does this ring a bell with anybody? I would like to know the name, so I could check the
    >> temperature ratings for it (which I gather must be quite okay. I just don't want to wake up and
    >> be suffering hypothermia
    >> :)).
    >>
    >> --Thomas
    >
    >Like the label says, it's a Rab Premier 700. My 1994 F&T catalogue (I know, I know!) says 4 season.
    >This was before the manufacturers tried to be a bit more scientific about temperature ratings, but
    >at the end of the day(!) it depends on how warm YOU think it is.
    >
    >Specs in full
    >
    >Weight: 1,650 gms Filling: 960gms Goose Down 700 Construction: Slant wall, double chest Total
    >Length: 220cm Outer fabric: Pertex 5 Lining: Pertex 4
    >

    >druidh

    Brilliant. Thanks! Never underestimate the power of outdated catalogues and lingering memories ;-)
    My mistake was to assume "Prem." was short for "premium", not "premier" but I stand corrected :)

    --Thomas

  5. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    druidh wrote:

    > Like the label says, it's a Rab Premier 700. My 1994 F&T catalogue (I know, I know!) says
    > 4 season.

    > Filling: 960gms Goose Down 700 Construction: Slant wall, double chest

    Rab's idea of 4 season is pretty cold, and with the above specs you would, at a guess, be able to
    take on serious cold well down around the -20C mark *if* you don't sleep cold and it's in good
    condition with clean down.

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  6. On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:38:38 +0000, Peter Clinch
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >druidh wrote:
    >
    >> Like the label says, it's a Rab Premier 700. My 1994 F&T catalogue (I know, I know!) says 4
    >> season.
    >
    >> Filling: 960gms Goose Down 700 Construction: Slant wall, double chest
    >
    >Rab's idea of 4 season is pretty cold, and with the above specs you would, at a guess, be able to
    >take on serious cold well down around the -20C mark *if* you don't sleep cold and it's in good
    >condition with clean down.
    >
    >Pete.

    I took the first poster's advise and wrote RAB. This was their answer:

    : Hi Thomas the bag is a Premier 700 which is equivalent to our Quantum 600 regards Steve

    So I guess -12 comf. temp. as with the Quantum 600 is more likely.

    --Thomas