Cancellara
Ciolek
Gerdemann
Dekker
Davis
Rogers
Valverde
Sastre

those big name riders have been sucking ****, any others that you can think of. Cancellara's performances have been more than strange.

june_strange_299x449.jpg

Sastre doesnt normally do much at this time of the year. Dekker has been in the classics a bit but maybe has been riding as a support rider for Gilbert/Lotto in general. Maybe he is preparing for the Tour of Romandie? I think i know what you are getting at by the way;)

Anticyclone said:
Sastre doesnt normally do much at this time of the year. Dekker has been in the classics a bit but maybe has been riding as a support rider for Gilbert/Lotto in general. Maybe he is preparing for the Tour of Romandie? I think i know what you are getting at by the way;)
sub par performances tho. One year, Dekker is competing for victories in the Ardennes, then he sucks it up.

thunder said:
name em

Cancellara
Ciolek
Gerdemann
Dekker
Davis
Rogers
Valverde
Sastre

those big name riders have been sucking ****, any others that you can think of. Cancellara's performances have been more than strange.
I'd thought Ballan's absence from the Spring Classics was suspicious but apparently he has a virus. Him and Cancellara were the two I thought most suspicious.

As fro the others that I know about, Valv Piti has been saying since the winter he wouldn't peak during the Spring, only at the Tour. Dekker is probably riding his first season in a while off the Ferrari plan. Rogers is coming back from injury. Sastre is much and such for this time of year.

Rolfrae said:
I'd thought Ballan's absence from the Spring Classics was suspicious but apparently he has a virus. Him and Cancellara were the two I thought most suspicious.

As fro the others that I know about, Valv Piti has been saying since the winter he wouldn't peak during the Spring, only at the Tour. Dekker is probably riding his first season in a while off the Ferrari plan. Rogers is coming back from injury. Sastre is much and such for this time of year.
dekker is senior Ceccho

thunder said:
name em
Cancellara
Ciolek
Gerdemann
Dekker
Davis
Rogers
Valverde
Sastre

I think some of them, definitely Cancellara anyway, have been given a warning, same as Hamilton was in 2004, which he chose to ignore and got caught.
Cancellara won the opening TT at the Tour of California, pulled out the next day and has hardly been seen since.

Ballan is another strange one.

Moller said:
I think some of them, definitely Cancellara anyway, have been given a warning, same as Hamilton was in 2004, which he chose to ignore and got caught.
Cancellara won the opening TT at the Tour of California, pulled out the next day and has hardly been seen since.

Ballan is another strange one.
Dr Rasmus Damsgaard did a damn guard job.

Cancellara crashed hard while training a few weeks before the cobbled classics. The crash came right after a period of illness that started at the Tour of California. His form in Roubaix was a little bit better than I expected. I think he will ride the Giro, and should find better form during the race.

Gerdemann is probably building slowly for TdF. He broke his leg last year and was out for the rest of the season. Takes time to get back to top form after a crash like that. This also goes for Pereiro.

jonjungel said:
Cancellara crashed hard while training a few weeks before the cobbled classics. The crash came right after a period of illness that started at the Tour of California. His form in Roubaix was a little bit better than I expected.

I think he will ride the Giro, and should find better form during the race.
lolz

Havent heard much of L'hotellerie since Paris-Nice last year and a later race where he was in the two man break. Was interested to see him pop up in 11th place in Fleche Wallonne.

Anticyclone said:
Havent heard much of L'hotellerie since Paris-Nice last year and a later race where he was in the two man break. Was interested to see him pop up in 11th place in Fleche Wallonne.
sssssssssssssssssssss

thunder said:
name em

Cancellara
Ciolek
Gerdemann
Dekker
Davis
Rogers
Valverde
Sastre

june_strange_299x449.jpg

Like others have said, Canc has not been as high profile as I would have expected : but given that he raced (and won) so well last year, he may not have a huge amount to give.
(benefit of the doubt).

Ciolek has raced during the spring.
Haven't noticed much difference regarding Valverde this year, compared to other years.

Dekker? He has gone missing definitely.

Good question being posed though.

thunder said:
The strength of your arguments have made me realise my reasoning and judgement were in error. Please accept my humble apologies. I have now changed my view upon this matter.

jonjungel said:
The strength of your arguments have made me realise my reasoning and judgement were in error. Please accept my humble apologies. I have now changed my view upon this matter.
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

jonjungel said:
ddeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well this has been the first time since the 2007 TDF that Rogers has managed to put in quality racing.

Since 2007 TDF until after the 2008 TDF Rogers did **** all riding. Naturally he has gone AWOL. However, I agree with what you're saying.

Cadel Evans is shining at this time of the year, perhaps he has done the opposite of these guys.