Which riders will drop from the Worlds with tendonitis ?

Bye bye Cancellara and O'grady. CSC were doped to the max in July. See what happens.

About the blood retrotesting:

Around 14 riders of the first part of the season and 30 of the last TDF are targeted by the retrotesting!
Many of them had been tested many times by OOC...

poulidor said:

Around 14 riders of the first part of the season and 30 of the last TDF are targeted by the retrotesting!
Will be interesting to see what comes of this.

poulidor said:

Please. Please. Please. Let it be Leipheimer. He suddenly became fatigued in the middle of the world championship races and did not compete in the RR. Do they have any of his samples? Maybe OOC or the Dauphine?

Bro Deal said:
Please. Please. Please. Let it be Leipheimer. He suddenly became fatigued in the middle of the world championship races and did not compete in the RR. Do they have any of his samples? Maybe OOC or the Dauphine?
how about the disparity between giro levi and vuelta levi?

also, looks like IT Factory got themselves in for more than they bargained for. or maybe less if/when the riders get suspended. seems like they should have waited to announce the new deal.

Bro Deal said:
This could be his "oh ****" moment. I hope it is because it will give Astana the positive test they need to have them booted from the Tour 09 ! Ha !

He did ride **** in the Giro thou......

whiteboytrash said:
This could be his "oh ****" moment. I hope it is because it will give Astana the positive test they need to have them booted from the Tour 09 ! Ha !

He did ride **** in the Giro thou......
I didn't realise there were early season samples being re-tested as well as the Tour samples. What if Gusev was to test positive? Even though Astana sacked him it would still be the excuse ASO needs to keep them out the 09 Tour.

McQuaid could be happy if a lot of positive were found....for each a year of payement in the UCI pocket.
Especially with top-riders like Cancelattor, Voigt, Sastre,..

I suppose you could put the difference in Levi's performances down to him being underprepared for the Giro (if you believe the week's notice). However, Contador seemed to do roughly the same job in both. Kloeden's performances were similar too i think?

Anticyclone said:
You not worried about any Columbia riders?
Kirchen would be the only one I'm worried about. Maybe Ciolek. But Kirchen had a rich vein of form for about a month and dropped off middle july when the going got tougher and then struggled thereafter.

If Cavendish is dirty, he is a protected species.

Rogers didn't race half the season and neither did Gerdemann.

I'm not really worried about any of Columbia's main riders. The lesser ones, yes. But not the major ones.

Fabian Cancellara of Team CSC has denied allegations that his samples from the Tour de France may show that he used doping. "I have nothing to do with doping, 100 percent," he said on his website, fabian-cancellara.ch.

The Belgian newspaper Le Soir had said that the CSC rider was one of those whose samples from the Tour de France would be re-investigated based on questionable blood values. Cancellara noted that he was controlled eight times during the Tour de France and underwent a blood test by the UCI at the Olympic Games.

Interesting I am apparently not the only one surprised by Cancellara's season-long form. And his interesting decision to avoid becoming ITT world champion a few dozen kms from his house.

That smells. Call me a suspicious southern European.

Powerful Pete said:
Interesting I am apparently not the only one surprised by Cancellara's season-long form. And his interesting decision to avoid becoming ITT world champion a few dozen kms from his house.

That smells. Call me a suspicious southern European.
If we look at riders with season long form. Rebellin is one that comes to mind.

Fair enough about Rebellin. But I continue to find it interesting that someone like Cancellara would walk away from an almost certain gold medal because he was tired.

BTW, weightweenies forum states that five CSC riders have having their bloodwork from the Tour re-tested. Including good 'ole Fabian.

I realise that this does not mean they are positives and that this is an unconfirmed rumor, but interesting nonetheless.

Powerful Pete said:
Fair enough about Rebellin. But I continue to find it interesting that someone like Cancellara would walk away from an almost certain gold medal because he was tired.

BTW, weightweenies forum states that five CSC riders have having their bloodwork from the Tour re-tested. Including good 'ole Fabian.

I realise that this does not mean they are positives and that this is an unconfirmed rumor, but interesting nonetheless.
That's true.

I think it would be right that at least 5 riders from CSC are having their bloodwork re-tested. They may not be positive but the way they rode - something was not right. Who would it be having re-tested? F Schleck, A Schleck, C Sastre, F Cancellara, S O'Grady?

Grater said:
That's true.

I think it would be right that at least 5 riders from CSC are having their bloodwork re-tested. They may not be positive but the way they rode - something was not right. Who would it be having re-tested? F Schleck, A Schleck, C Sastre, F Cancellara, S O'Grady?
How can you not also name Columbia riders in the same breath? they had a fantastic year.