Which Rigid Fork?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bike Doc, Mar 3, 2003.

  1. Bike Doc

    Bike Doc Guest

    I have a Bontrager Race frame that I am looking for a rigid fork.

    What is available in a 1" rigid fork that is suspension corrected ?

    Thanks !!!

    --
    Bike Doc

    www.vcrbiketeam.org

    Remove (No Spam) from all replies.

    Newsgroup replies and postings are for entertainment purposes only.

    Tags:

  2. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Tue, 04 Mar 2003 02:49:16 GMT, "Bike Doc" <BikeDoc111(NoSpam)@attbi.com> blathered:

    >What is available in a 1" rigid fork that is suspension corrected ?

    You'll be lucky. Pace do a 1" version of their rigid fork -
    https://www.pacecycles.com/product.asp?catID=2&subcat=433

    VERY expensive though.

    I'm currently running a set of the On-One rigid (disk-only) forks -
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/products/inbred_forks.shtml

    I'm very pleased with them, certainly on a par with Project IIs in the comfort stakes. However,
    AFAIK they're only available in 1 1/8".

    You can always go custom. I had a set of forks made last year by a local frame builder for touring;
    stiff as a very stiff thing, great for carrying panniers without flexing but brutal offroad.

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  3. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Bike Doc" <BikeDoc111(NoSpam)@attbi.com> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have a Bontrager Race frame that I am looking for a rigid fork.
    >
    > What is available in a 1" rigid fork that is suspension corrected ?
    >
    > Thanks !!!
    >

    > --
    > Bike Doc
    >
    > www.vcrbiketeam.org
    >
    > Remove (No Spam) from all replies.
    >
    > Newsgroup replies and postings are for entertainment purposes only.

    Tange might make something like that, but it's probably threaded.

    JD