Which Rigid Fork?

Bike Doc

Guest
I have a Bontrager Race frame that I am looking for a rigid fork.

What is available in a 1" rigid fork that is suspension corrected ?

Thanks !!!

--
Bike Doc

www.vcrbiketeam.org

Remove (No Spam) from all replies.

Newsgroup replies and postings are for entertainment purposes only.

On Tue, 04 Mar 2003 02:49:16 GMT, "Bike Doc" <BikeDoc111(NoSpam)@attbi.com> blathered:

>What is available in a 1" rigid fork that is suspension corrected ?

You'll be lucky. Pace do a 1" version of their rigid fork -
https://www.pacecycles.com/product.asp?catID=2&subcat=433

VERY expensive though.

I'm currently running a set of the On-One rigid (disk-only) forks -
http://www.on-one.co.uk/products/inbred_forks.shtml

I'm very pleased with them, certainly on a par with Project IIs in the comfort stakes. However,
AFAIK they're only available in 1 1/8".

You can always go custom. I had a set of forks made last year by a local frame builder for touring;
stiff as a very stiff thing, great for carrying panniers without flexing but brutal offroad.

Pete
----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

"Bike Doc" <BikeDoc111(NoSpam)@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I have a Bontrager Race frame that I am looking for a rigid fork.
>
> What is available in a 1" rigid fork that is suspension corrected ?
>
> Thanks !!!
>

> --
> Bike Doc
>
> www.vcrbiketeam.org
>
> Remove (No Spam) from all replies.
>
> Newsgroup replies and postings are for entertainment purposes only.

Tange might make something like that, but it's probably threaded.

JD