Which Rigid Fork ?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bike Doc, Mar 3, 2003.

  1. Bike Doc

    Bike Doc Guest

    I have a Bontrager Race frame that I am looking for a rigid fork.

    What is available in a 1" rigid fork that is suspension corrected ?

    Thanks !!!

    --
    Bike Doc

    www.vcrbiketeam.org

    Remove (No Spam) from all replies.

    Newsgroup replies and postings are for entertainment purposes only.

    Tags:

  2. Saltytri

    Saltytri Guest

    >I have a Bontrager Race frame that I am looking for a rigid fork.
    >
    >What is available in a 1" rigid fork that is suspension corrected ?

    Independent Fabrication. I've got one for my hardtail that swaps out with a suspension fork for
    weight savings on pure climbs. Nice quality cro-mo. Alloy would likely be lighter, but the IF is
    pretty and rides nice :)

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    As I understand it, 'suspension corrected' refers to the frame geomery having been adjusted so that
    it can take a suspension fork without the geometry being compromised.

    I could be wrong, however the was the explaination given to me when enquiring about the term when
    buyin my rigid bike.

  4. Panda

    Panda Guest

    i think it can apply in terms of forks as well. since the frame has been suspension corrected, you
    can then get suspension corrected ridgid forks which mean that bike has the same geometry as if it
    did have an suspension fork. they look a little odd with a big gap between the top of the tyre and
    the crown of the fork.

    i ran my trek 6500 all last winter with a normal (ie not corrected ridgid fork)

    panda

    --
    news:[email protected]...