Which saddle?

RossB...I seem to have made the same observations as you...although I have not ride on the Flite nor the Prolink but from the pictures I have seen, the Turbomatic4 seems to have a little more support than the Prolink at the nose...and that is exactly what I'm looking for and hoping it'll work out well.
The
Selle San Marco Azoto Tri Race Gel Saddle

http://www.all3sports.com/Category/Index.cfm?fuse=Product&CategoryID=49&Manufacturer=0&ProductID=250

seems to have quite a bit of support at the nose...I have yet to try it out but picked it up at a store at their closing time...so I don't really know how it would do ...but the seat seems a little narrow in the back even compare to the Flite. It is for time trial after all.

Originally posted by RossB
I've never seen a bad review of the Fizik Aliante, but it looks like it is designed for those who require a narrower seat. Has anyone with wider dimensions tried the Aliante?

I've tried the Selle Italia Flite Ti, but it was much too narrow for me, and the nose of the saddle was very painful on the perineal area. The Selle Italia Prolink is much better, and is certainly wide enough, but there is still some uncomfortable pressure. I've ordered the Gel Flow version of this saddle which has a cutout, so I'm hoping that this will be a perfect fit.

I've also ordered the Serfas Rx, which has had some positive comments.

The Koobi PRS has also had a few good reviews, but also a few less positive comments on longer term comfort. It is also quite unattractive and would not suit most bikes - I wouldn't put it on my bike.

The saddle I have found to be most comfortable and can happily ride around on for hours is the WTB Speed-V. Unfortunately, it is very heavy (well over 400g, according to my kitchen scales) and very ugly. It just doesn't look right on a road bike.

Just to give an update and hope you all can notice this thread and give some comments.

I bouhgt a Turbomatic 4 from ebay, got it from ital_tecno.com for 50 bucks. It's the Gel version. well..the nose is kinda stiff and puts some pressure.

I think I will be looking at another saddle with softer/flexible and more support nose section. i only weigh 160 lbs.

I'm thinking of the Avocet O2. The marketing says it has a soft but supportive nose section. we'll see....

Originally posted by Rudy
RossB...I seem to have made the same observations as you...although I have not ride on the Flite nor the Prolink but from the pictures I have seen, the Turbomatic4 seems to have a little more support than the Prolink at the nose...and that is exactly what I'm looking for and hoping it'll work out well.
The
Selle San Marco Azoto Tri Race Gel Saddle

http://www.all3sports.com/Category/Index.cfm?fuse=Product&CategoryID=49&Manufacturer=0&ProductID=250

seems to have quite a bit of support at the nose...I have yet to try it out but picked it up at a store at their closing time...so I don't really know how it would do ...but the seat seems a little narrow in the back even compare to the Flite. It is for time trial after all.

You might try the Selle Italia SLR Gelflow (aka 'Trans Am'). At 185 g, it's one of the lighter saddles out there, but unlike the regular SLR it has the 'Trans Am' cutout to make things comfy for the 'boys'. The nose has some flex, which helps when I time trial, and it's got enough width in the back for when I climb. And at ~$90 it's a much better value than the admittedly good but very pricey Aliante. I've been riding my SLR for several weeks now and really like it. They also have a Ti rail version if you're really weight conscious.

I use a Selle Italia 135 SLR saddle, at 94kg I'm no feather weight, and this is a very skinny saddle, but have know been using them for 3yrs both on my racing and training bikes, i rode from Lands End to John O'groats on this saddle and can honestly say its the most comy saddle I've ever ridden, I'm even considering one for my mountain bike. being of a small profile it only touches the parts it needs to, and has shown no signs of ware after well over 3000 miles of use. I know it may not suit every one but for me its been a worth while purchase.

Originally posted by BugMan
You might try the Selle Italia SLR Gelflow (aka 'Trans Am'). At 185 g, it's one of the lighter saddles out there, but unlike the regular SLR it has the 'Trans Am' cutout to make things comfy for the 'boys'. The nose has some flex, which helps when I time trial, and it's got enough width in the back for when I climb. And at ~$90 it's a much better value than the admittedly good but very pricey Aliante. I've been riding my SLR for several weeks now and really like it. They also have a Ti rail version if you're really weight conscious.

Bug Man...ummm don't mind if I ask how much you weigh? because I realize that I'm only 160 lbs and thus the nos can't be too stiff. It needs to has a little flex. I'm currently on my Veta TTshock and it's kinda comfy and it's a little flexible at the nose.

I'm just looking for something else more comfy then my old TTShock

I weigh in at 77kg and use Selle Italia SLR Trans Am (185 grams) on both my bikes.

Most comfortable saddle I have ever used, fits my rear end perfectly, has support just where I need it, has just the right amount of flex and cusioning.

My previous saddle was a SI Trimatic Gel (which was so painful at times I nicknamed it Traumatic Hell )