which second hand bike is best to buy??

sundar

Jan 14, 2013
i want to buy second hand bike 25000 rs is my budget please guide me frnds.. tell me sutable bike for me my age is 22. what about RX100 im confused more

Originally Posted by sundar .

i want to buy second hand bike 25000 rs is my budget please guide me frnds.. tell me sutable bike for me my age is 22. what about RX100 im confused more
FWIW. IMO, if you are only going to have one bike (which is the norm, of course!) then I think that YOU need to assess the type-and-quality of the roadway which you will be riding on ...

Then, determine the best tyre size (width) ...

• you can ride a fat tyre bike on pavement, but it is difficult to ride a skinny tyre bike on dirt

Then, choose the bike whose frame will accommodate the tyre size (e.g., 26x2.1, 700x23, 700x32, 700x42, 700x52, etc.) ...

And then, based on YOUR flexibility-and-conditioning AND the distances you will be riding AND the traffic which you anticipate encountering you should then decide whether FLAT bars or DROP bars make more sense.

Gears? That depends on the terrain -- flatland, or not ...

• Single Speed ... apparently, it could be suggested that a Single Speed is adequate for most riding if the proper ratio (for the particular rider) is chosen since you will see people who ride multi-speed bikes who NEVER shift!
  • a three-speed with the right chainring & rear cog could give you the range you need ... some maintenance is required ...
  • 8-or-more gears (in the rear) are better for varied riding conditions, but may require periodic adjustments and/or maintenance ...

BTW. I am not keen on FLAT BAR bikes, but if that is the norm where you live then that is what you should probably consider ...

Regardless, I would prefer a bike which uses 700c wheels AND whose frame can accommodate FAT tyres even if a 700x25 or 700x28 is the tyre I thought that I would be using 90% of the time.