Which size is best?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Destroy, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Destroy

    Destroy Guest

    From this chart.. http://www.harobikes.com/2003/geo/ex3geo.html

    Which size would best be suited for a 6'1" women with beginner skills that does not like to be hit
    in the vulva area.

    Do they consider the 19.5 a large or extra large?

    I've got a trek 21.5 (extra large) and I know she does not like that, its too tall for her liking
    i.e. hitting the top tube too easily during stand over.

    I can't figure out if the 19.5 would fit her ok or 17.5?

    Suggestions?

    btw, there are no dealers that stock this bike so if I'd order one, it'd be the one she'd(I'd be
    stuck with) have to keep.

    Tags:

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Destroy scribbled :
    > From this chart.. http://www.harobikes.com/2003/geo/ex3geo.html
    >
    > Which size would best be suited for a 6'1" women with beginner skills that does not like to be hit
    > in the vulva area.
    >
    > Do they consider the 19.5 a large or extra large?
    >
    > I've got a trek 21.5 (extra large) and I know she does not like that, its too tall for her liking
    > i.e. hitting the top tube too easily during stand over.
    >
    > I can't figure out if the 19.5 would fit her ok or 17.5?
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > btw, there are no dealers that stock this bike so if I'd order one, it'd be the one she'd(I'd be
    > stuck with) have to keep.

    my recommendation is to let her try them. I wouldn't but from a bike shop/dealer that would make me
    keepa biek that didn't fit. Fit is everything. Fit is everything. Fit is everything. The one caveat
    would be to buy from a frame builder who knows how to plug body numbers into frame sizes.

    A frame size doesn't take into account how the body is put together. Long torso? Short torso? Long
    inseam, short inseam? Is this a gift... if it is I"d get her a gift certificate for the amount you'd
    like to spend. Or at least get input from someone that can translate frame sizes into how it's going
    to fit her obdy type... you can be 6' with a 29 inseam, or a 34" inseam... huge difference in
    standover right there. Methinks you need to think this through.

    Penny

  3. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    Nevermind the bike size. Refer all single 6'1" tall mountain biking women to me. That fits my ideals
    exactly. =)

    -John Morgan

  4. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Destroy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > From this chart.. http://www.harobikes.com/2003/geo/ex3geo.html
    >
    > Which size would best be suited for a 6'1" women with beginner skills that does not like to be hit
    > in the vulva area.
    >
    > Do they consider the 19.5 a large or extra large?
    >
    > I've got a trek 21.5 (extra large) and I know she does not like that, its too tall for her liking
    > i.e. hitting the top tube too easily during stand over.
    >
    > I can't figure out if the 19.5 would fit her ok or 17.5?
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > btw, there are no dealers that stock this bike so if I'd order one, it'd be the one she'd(I'd be
    > stuck with) have to keep.

    This is a present? Turn it into a date. Go check out a bike shop or two, ride a little. Have
    lunch...go back and reride the ones she like best. GO have ice cream. Think about it for a bit.

    Then.....go back and buy her the bike that *she* likes the best

    Ordering a bike that may not fit is worse than useless. She'll hate riding
    it. And won't think much of you, either.

    Pete

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Destroy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > From this chart.. http://www.harobikes.com/2003/geo/ex3geo.html

    If you have a Santa Cruz dealer near check out the Heckler or Superlight.

    > Which size would best be suited for a 6'1" women with beginner skills that does not like to be hit
    > in the vulva area.

    Tell your friend to stop whinging and suck it up. Beside she'd be surprised how just how of a
    beating a healthy vulva can take.

    > Do they consider the 19.5 a large or extra large?
    >
    > I've got a trek 21.5 (extra large) and I know she does not like that, its too tall for her liking
    > i.e. hitting the top tube too easily during stand over.
    >
    > I can't figure out if the 19.5 would fit her ok or 17.5?
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > btw, there are no dealers that stock this bike so if I'd order one, it'd be the one she'd(I'd be
    > stuck with) have to keep.

    If you can lactate a used one in your area you can go pretend to be interested and go get a
    fit check.
    --
    Slacker

  6. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > If you can lactate a used one in your area you can go pretend to be interested and go get a
    > fit check.

    CALLING DOCTOR FREUD -- EMERGENCY, EMERGENCY!!!

    Slipping Bill

    (Good one, Slack!)

  7. Sdc

    Sdc Guest

  8. Gazoo

    Gazoo Guest

    6'1" women? hmmm..... let me see..........

    I think it best you link us to a pic of yourself so we can

    size you up....

    I mean....

    look at your sizes......

    I mean ....oh never mind

    --

    "Destroy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > From this chart.. http://www.harobikes.com/2003/geo/ex3geo.html
    >
    > Which size would best be suited for a 6'1" women with beginner skills that does not like to be hit
    > in the vulva area.
    >
    > Do they consider the 19.5 a large or extra large?
    >
    > I've got a trek 21.5 (extra large) and I know she does not like that, its too tall for her liking
    > i.e. hitting the top tube too easily during stand over.
    >
    > I can't figure out if the 19.5 would fit her ok or 17.5?
    >
    > Suggestions?
    >
    > btw, there are no dealers that stock this bike so if I'd order one, it'd be the one she'd(I'd be
    > stuck with) have to keep.

  9. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > "Slacker" wrote in message
    >
    > > If you can lactate a used one in your area you can go pretend to be interested and go get a fit
    > > check.
    >
    > CALLING DOCTOR FREUD -- EMERGENCY, EMERGENCY!!!
    >
    > Slipping Bill
    >
    > (Good one, Slack!)

    Hey, "I meant to do that" And I need to get to bed early tonight ;^ o
    --
    Slacker

  10. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Try out a few with her. Start with the 17.5 and work your way up to 20. Try them all a few times.

    Fire up MTB 03

  11. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 02:17:46 GMT, Destroy <[email protected]> wrote:

    > From this chart.. http://www.harobikes.com/2003/geo/ex3geo.html
    >
    >Which size would best be suited for a 6'1" women with beginner skills that does not like to be hit
    >in the vulva area.

    I once hit a Volvo....good thing I was insured.

    Peace, Bill

    :-]

  12. Clyde_in_tn

    Clyde_in_tn Guest

    Bill Wheeler wrote:

    > I once hit a Volvo....good thing I was insured.

    Day'um straight! That swedish steel is tough stuff! I have never made a scene were a seat belted
    occupant of a Volvo was a fatality..... And I've made a few scenes in my lifetime.

    --
    John G. 1987 244 195K Miles 1987 765 398K Miles 1988 764 301K Miles 1988 765 145K Miles

  13. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:06:45 GMT, Clyde_in_TN <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Bill Wheeler wrote:
    >
    >> I once hit a Volvo....good thing I was insured.
    >
    >Day'um straight! That swedish steel is tough stuff! I have never made a scene were a seat belted
    >occupant of a Volvo was a fatality..... And I've made a few scenes in my lifetime.

    Howdy mister policeman. How's that beast of a bike you built up?

    :-]

  14. Clyde_in_tn

    Clyde_in_tn Guest

    Bill Wheeler wrote:

    > Howdy mister policeman.

    I have not received my commission (back) yet. So for now, I'm still a recruit, like everybody else
    in my class....

    >How's that beast of a bike you built up?

    The Beer'Cross bike, is wonderful. I brought it and the SS down to TN with me, I left The Pig up in
    NH w/ the wife... So she knows I plan on coming back :)