Which songs you're going to play this Valentine's day, or night ;-)

altonjone

Feb 3, 2010
I take it you won't be playing any? ;-)

As for some of the tunes I plan to play, here's but a handful:

Frank Sinatra - Love and Marriage
John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air
Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
The B-52's - Love Shack
Willie Nelson - On The Road Again

Ok, this'll be fun:

And Then I Fμκεd Her, the Oblivians
Bend Over, I'll Drive, the Cramps
Bedroom Athlete, James Chance
Caught With the Meat in Your Mouth, the Dead Boys
I Need a Slave, the Vibrators
I Wanna Be Your Dog, the Stooges
Kinky Sex Makes the World Go Round, the Dead Kennedys
Let's Fμκ, the Dwarves
Love Comes in Spurts, Richard Hell
Rubber Doll, the Lords of Acid
Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell, Iggy & the Stooges

and last,

Hark! Harold the Angel Sings, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

It'll be quite the romantic night.

I was just goning to post all of my YouTube vids of my favorite romantic suicide headbanging music...

Maybe like a post in every thread in this forum ? that should get everyone in a Valetine's spirit.

It's like banging your head against the wall, when you stop it feels good. :D

Barry White or Sonny and Cher is always an option though...

gman0482 said:
I was just goning to post all of my YouTube vids of my favorite romantic suicide headbanging music...

Maybe like a post in every thread in this forum ? that should get everyone in a Valetine's spirit.

It's like banging your head against the wall, when you stop it feels good. :D

Barry White or Sonny and Cher is always an option though...

That's a good plan. I think the forum could use something thought provoking like that. I think, though, you should do it in a Dali-esque sort of fashion......like start a thread called "Seconds" and then post a Korn video. No, wait: call the thread "Pantaloons" and post a Disturbed video.......with lyrics. It'll be oh so very. People will be able to suckle on the ocean deep meaning hidden in every Disturbed video.

You know, Kafka was as deep as Brittany Spears compared to Disturbed. In comparison to the soul baring depth in a Pantera video, Dostoevsky was a vacuous flibbertygibbet.

Often "Divorce" is preceded by one of the marital partners singing the lyrics to Pink Floyd's "One of These Days": One of these days, I'm going to cut you up into little pieces.

In fact, I think Drew Peterson may have sung that to his last wife....

alienator said:
Often "Divorce" is preceded by one of the marital partners singing the lyrics to Pink Floyd's "One of These Days": One of these days, I'm going to cut you up into little pieces.

Comfortably Numb is more apt : "hello, is there anybody in
there?"

I feel I took the easy way out with my selections. I should have gone deep, like Perfect Circle or Disturbed deep. Well, to make amends, that's what I'll do: go deep, and offer three of the deepest, most inspiring yet thought provoking love ballads ever. However, I'll not say any more. To say more would be to render shallow the depth of the deepness herein. So, I'll just post the YouTubage, and let the images speak of the sentiment of which poets have often spaked. No more words. No more convo. Just song and the weighty weight of the deep love that is at the depths of our cores as we await love's celebration and unweight the pedestal of expectations, whilst awaiting the peddling of our hearts' desires on this upcoming Valentines Day that we so ardently await.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6-ZccfRrIo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSMFPJ0y3fE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1iKEPzF1Js[/ame]

I'm resisting posting youtube vids of my selection, because I lack the technical ability to get it right.

Here's another couple of worthy contenders of melodies for the day of the martyr pierced with arrows:-

Ministry - Under my thumb
Throbbing Gristle - We hate you (little girls)
Cabaret Voltaire - Nag, Nag, Nag
Wilco - At least that's what you said
Nick Cave - The sorrowful wife

How about a country song? " I can't over you until you get out from under him".

taniwha said:
I'm resisting posting youtube vids of my selection, because I lack the technical ability to get it right.

Here's another couple of worthy contenders of melodies for the day of the martyr pierced with arrows:-

Ministry - Under my thumb
Throbbing Gristle - We hate you (little girls)
Cabaret Voltaire - Nag, Nag, Nag
Wilco - At least that's what you said
Nick Cave - The sorrowful wife

I think in a real, honest, heartfelt context, Ministry's "Stigmata" and "Just One Fix" count as love songs. There are many times I think about how much I'd like to put my tongue on Natalie Portman's stigmata.

altonjone said:
I take it you won't be playing any? ;-)

As for some of the tunes I plan to play, here's but a handful:

Frank Sinatra - Love and Marriage
John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air
Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
The B-52's - Love Shack
Willie Nelson - On The Road Again

Nice choices..I specially like Percy Sledge "when a man loves a woman"