Which tension for look keo blade 2 cr pedals

freemarket

Jul 5, 2013
Hi,

Found a nice replacement for my 8 y/o Look Keo pedals allowing me to shave off 22 g bringing it down to 110 g
from 132 g. Unfortunately, the vendor offers 3 tensions 12/16/20 nm. The last one ideal for sprinters, which I am not. 54 y/o rider in pretty good strong condition but typically 50 mile weekend rider.
Any advice on staying safe with an easy release or testing the 16nm?

Thanks,
Henry

Are you saying that the tension on the pedal's binding is NOT adjustable?

Do you know the equivalent tension on your current pedals?​

BTW. I presume you have already reduced your FOOTWEAR's weight with shoes which have carbon fiber soles ...

Additionally, if you want to shave 22g, then you could probably just wear an even thinner-or-shorter sock than what you are currently wearing.​

Are you saying that the tension on the pedal's binding is NOT adjustable?

Do you know the equivalent tension on your current pedals?​

BTW. I presume you have already reduced your FOOTWEAR's weight with shoes which have carbon fiber soles ...

Additionally, if you want to shave 22g, then you could probably just wear an even thinner-or-shorter sock than what you are currently wearing.​

Yes, Look sells three distinct models at 12, 16 and 20Nm of tension. I wear super thin socks and am simply looking to upgrade after 8 years of use.

I have the 16nm and like it. You shouldn't have any trouble with it. The 12 would probably be okay too but I felt the 16 offered a more solid hold.

I have the 16nm and like it. You shouldn't have any trouble with it. The 12 would probably be okay too but I felt the 16 offered a more solid hold.
Thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity on your average ride, how many times do you pop out? I hate when I have to slow down and encounter non-cyclists in the path on occasion which is when I think I want to be able to pop out more easily than not?

Thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity on your average ride, how many times do you pop out? I hate when I have to slow down and encounter non-cyclists in the path on occasion which is when I think I want to be able to pop out more easily than not?
When you say pop out I'm thinking accidentally coming unclipped. I'm going to assume that you mean to clip out when coming to a stop. I don't have to do it often on my rides but I've not found it to be difficult or a problem when I've needed to.