Which tires are a true 28mm wide?

Clyde

Guest
I currently use Avocet Carbon 12 tires 700x28 which measure the same as their marked size.

But I do know that not all tires sizes are accurate. Which other 700 tires measure a true 28mm wide?

Thanks.

Clyde

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:33:22 GMT, "Clyde" <[email protected]> may have
said:

>I currently use Avocet Carbon 12 tires 700x28 which measure the same as their marked size.
>
>But I do know that not all tires sizes are accurate. Which other 700 tires measure a true
>28mm wide?

This is partially dependent upon the width of the rim on which the tires are installed.

see http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html#isoetrto

Two tires marked as the same "size" do not necessarily have the same characteristics. Due to the
number of models of tire available and the speed with which the makers change their lines, I doubt
that any online database of "actual dimensions as installed" would be practical to maintain.

it's also possible that I'm busy.

> I currently use Avocet Carbon 12 tires 700x28 which measure the same as their marked size.
>
> But I do know that not all tires sizes are accurate. Which other 700 tires measure a true
> 28mm wide?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Clyde

I guess it depends on the width of your rim. My Conti Top Touring 28s measure 24mm wide mounted on
Mavic MA2 rims which I think are similar width to the Open Pro. They work fine, as do 32mm, but they
will be narrower than specification when mounted on a rim which is designed for a smaller tyre.

Rivendale rolly polly/ruffy tuffy, 32mm pasela=28mm. Tom

--
Bruni Bicycles
"Where art meets science"
Clyde <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I currently use Avocet Carbon 12 tires 700x28
> which measure the same as their marked size.
>
> But I do know that not all tires sizes are accurate.
> Which other 700 tires measure a true 28mm wide?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Clyde

32 mm Panaracer Paselas, which I use on my touring bike, are an honest 28 mm.

Mike Yankee

(Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete everything after "com".)

On 03 Jan 2004 02:31:21 GMT, [email protected] (MikeYankee)
wrote:

>32 mm Panaracer Paselas, which I use on my touring bike, are an honest 28 mm.
>

>Mike Yankee
Interestingly, if you look at their website, the 700x32 is actually specified at 700x29.
They tell you.

Paul Kopit wrote:
> Interestingly, if you look at their website, the 700x32 is actually specified at 700x29. They
> tell you.

Some Panaracers got markedly smaller last year, Paselas among them.