Which to use: PC89R Hollow pin or PC99 Hollow pin?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Barbara Larrain, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just picked up a new sram pc99 hollow pin chain for my merlin, double Dura ace 9 sp. After looking
    over the service installation directions they mentioned the pc 89r hollow pin & suggested the pc99
    hollwo pin is for mountain bikes. Should I have gotten that one instead or does it matter? I
    replaced my chain in April 02 with a shimano chain so its probably not quite due yet.

I also have a Cannondale road bike with a triple, Ultegra 9 speed that really needs a new chain. If
    the pc 89r hollow pin is better suited for the merlin can I use the pc 99hollow pin on my
    Cannondale?

Thanks,

Barbara L

Tags:

2. larrain-<< Just picked up a new sram pc99 hollow pin chain for my merlin, double Dura ace 9 sp.
    After looking over the service installation directions they mentioned the pc 89r hollow pin &
    suggested the pc99 hollwo pin is for mountain bikes. Should I have gotten that one instead or does
    it matter?

doesn't matter, marketing mostly. There really is no difference between 'road' and 'MTB' chains,
    just match the chain to the cogs-8->8, 9->9, etc.

But next time, get a PC-59, As good as the others, less money.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.