Which Trainer Tire for Kurt Kenetic Road Machine?

tafkam

Dec 26, 2010
Question to trainer owners (especially Kurt Kenetic owners). I am getting a Kenetic Road Machine trainer and also plan on using a dedicated wheel that will have a trainer specific tire on it.)

My LBS carries one by Continental, however I do see that Kurt Kenetic has one also (I think Kenda makes it).

Both would be around the same price, although I would have to get the Kurt one on line.

Anyone have any advise? I don't know if the Kurt tire would match up better with the trainer since it has their name on it?

All other things being equal I probably would lean towards the Continental, as I usually try to support my LBS if their prices are close to online, and the Continental says it is made in Germany so it would be nice to have one thing on the bike that is not made in Asia
smile.gif

Any advise would be much appreciated!

I'd suggest you support your LBS. There's not going to be a whole lot of difference between the Conti and the Kenda for trainig purposes. I use a Tacx training tire on the KK Rock and Roll - the training tire definitely makes a difference. But not the brand...

Rob

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I think I will go with the Conti then.....

Just as an observation, I got the Vittoria red trainer tire, and it definitely is better than a regular road, no slip less vibration and quieter, but it's leaving some black sticky residue/rubber on the trainer's flywheel. Maybe I'm tightening the flywheel to hard against the tire, but I doubt it.