Which wheelset??Mavic/bontrager/DuraAce/Velomax??

richbassett

Jan 19, 2004
My girlfriend has a new Orbea with 10 speed Dura-Ace being built up. Altec + with carbon. She is 55kg. She wishes to purchase wheelset for same. Looking at New Dura-ace, Bontrager x-lite, Ksyriumsl2, or velomax orion 11. She wishes to use them to train and race on. Has anyone got suggestions for which is the best of these????

ya if you can live with yourself for putting campy wheels on an otherwise shimano bike, consider a eurus wheelset

Originally posted by richbassett
My girlfriend has a new Orbea with 10 speed Dura-Ace being built up. Altec + with carbon. She is 55kg. She wishes to purchase wheelset for same. Looking at New Dura-ace, Bontrager x-lite, Ksyriumsl2, or velomax orion 11. She wishes to use them to train and race on. Has anyone got suggestions for which is the best of these????
Front - 688 grams
Rear - 897grams
Weight without Skewers
Features:
Hand-built by our DT Certified Master Wheelbuilders
Hubs: Dura-Ace 28 hole
Rims: Mavic Open Pro Black
Compatable with Dura Ace 9 or 10 Speed
Front: DT Revolution 14/17g spokes with Alloy Nipples laced 2 Cross
Rear: Drive-Side: DT 14/15g spokes with Alloy Nipples laced 3 Cross
Non-Drive-Side: DT Revolution 14/17g with Alloy Nipples laced 2 Cross
Skewers Included
Less than $300 from a major mail order shop in Boulder, CO
Save the difference spent on a botique wheelset and ride a very serviceable wheelset.
Or go with the 32 spoke version at the same price and add 28 grams front, 58 grams rear.
http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?...us+Wheelset&vendorCode=EXCEL&major=1&minor=24
I don't have any connection with Excel Sports.

I don't think that I would go for DA, they are heavy for a light person. The Orions are a wheelset that were designed for women and are very light and built very well. I also like the DA hubs and the Open pro rims with revolution spokes in 28 hole but would go with 3 cross driveside and radial non-drive and radial front. Also DT makes a light rim 415 grams that I am looking into. DT makes a wheelset and sells as a rim only.Hope this helps.