Which WOE are you following?

Lilith79

Guest
I know there are a ton of LC 'diet' plans out there. Which one are you
following?

We follow Atkins.

-Michelle
295/295/175
starting 1/2/05

Looks more like you're still following a seefood diet.

--
You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

news:[email protected]...

JC Der Koenig wrote:
> Looks more like you're still following a seefood diet.

I get it. SEEfood...

--
-=tn=-

In article <[email protected]>,
Lilith79 <[email protected]> wrote:

> I know there are a ton of LC 'diet' plans out there. Which one are you
> following?
>
> We follow Atkins.
>
> -Michelle
> 295/295/175
> starting 1/2/05

I don't know what you'd call mine. The food list is similar to Atkins
induction, but I don't limit green vegetables, and I do drink coffee.

--
Michelle Levin
http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

I have only 3 flaws. My first flaw is thinking that I only have 3 flaws.

JC Der Koenig wrote:
> Looks more like you're still following a seefood diet.

Look a pun from a single sentence fatso. Keep trying JC

"Luna" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Lilith79 <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I know there are a ton of LC 'diet' plans out there. Which one are you
> > following?
> >
> > We follow Atkins.
> >
> > -Michelle
> > 295/295/175
> > starting 1/2/05

> I don't know what you'd call mine. The food list is similar to Atkins
> induction, but I don't limit green vegetables, and I do drink coffee.

It's called low carb.

"Lilith79" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I know there are a ton of LC 'diet' plans out there. Which one are you
>following?

I started with Atkins, but got bored with weighing and measuring stuff, so I
simplified it. I don't eat starchy vegetables, including grains, or fruit,
or sugar. I don't do any sort of portion control over what I do eat. And
when I go out to eat (not very often) I ignore the rules. And I go to the
gym six days a week. I weigh every day.

Ignoramus25901 wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:46:25 GMT, Lilith79 <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I know there are a ton of LC 'diet' plans out there. Which one are you
>>following?
>>
>>We follow Atkins.

> As of now, though, you are not following anything yet. You have plans
> to start following Atkins starting 1/2/2005. That would be a more
> accurate wording.

>>-Michelle
>>295/295/175
>>starting 1/2/05

Perhaps I need to elaborate, we've done this before but quit because I
got pregnant. Atkins is what we choose to follow.

I follow Protein Power Lifeplan. It's only similarity to Atkins is that it
restricts carbs. It's mainly based on non-refined foods but there really
are no forbidden foods as long as you stay within that carb restriction.

wrote:

>I know there are a ton of LC 'diet' plans out there. Which one are you
>following?
>
>We follow Atkins.

-----
Bev

I started out with Atkins. However, when I eventually developed T2
diabetes in 2001 (yes, it IS possible to do LC right and still develop
diabetes - I was on the border when I began LC 4 years previous to the
diagnosis and LC delayed it but didn't stop it) I switched to
Bernstein which is designed by a diabetic for diabetics.

Aramanth

"Lilith79" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I know there are a ton of LC 'diet' plans out there. Which one are you
>following?
>
> We follow Atkins.
>
> -Michelle
> 295/295/175
> starting 1/2/05

I've read the Atkins books, and mostly follow Atkins. I have modified
things. I eat most of my carbs, which I limit to 30 grams a day, to early
in the day. Later in the day I eat more fat and protein. I've meant to
read the other low-carb diet plans, such as South Beach, but haven't really
done it yet. I am interested in what people have to say about nutrition,
but suspect that nobody really knows that much about it.

Jim Bard wrote:
> "Lilith79" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I know there are a ton of LC 'diet' plans out there. Which one are you
>>following?
>>
>>We follow Atkins.
>>
>>-Michelle
>>295/295/175
>>starting 1/2/05

> I've read the Atkins books, and mostly follow Atkins. I have modified
> things. I eat most of my carbs, which I limit to 30 grams a day, to early
> in the day. Later in the day I eat more fat and protein. I've meant to
> read the other low-carb diet plans, such as South Beach, but haven't really
> done it yet. I am interested in what people have to say about nutrition,
> but suspect that nobody really knows that much about it.

From what I understand, the primary difference between Atkins and South
Beach is that SB allows skim milk on induction. Otherwise, they're
pretty similar.

"Lilith79" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
|| Jim Bard wrote:
||| "Lilith79" <[email protected]> wrote in message
||| news:[email protected]...
||| I've read the Atkins books, and mostly follow Atkins. I have
||| modified things. I eat most of my carbs, which I limit to 30 grams
||| a day, to early in the day. Later in the day I eat more fat and
||| protein. I've meant to read the other low-carb diet plans, such as
||| South Beach, but haven't really done it yet. I am interested in
||| what people have to say about nutrition, but suspect that nobody
||| really knows that much about it.
|| From what I understand, the primary difference between Atkins and
|| South Beach is that SB allows skim milk on induction. Otherwise,
|| they're pretty similar.

There are large fundamental differences between Atkins and South Beach.
--
Peter
270/219/180

I started out using a Protein Power approach. I ended up tweaking it to
make it work better for my individual metabolism by cutting my protein
down to only what my body really needed, which was only about 100 grams
a day and by logging food and counting calories, too. I hit and then
exceeded my goal weight in late spring of 2003.

Now, because I still have diabetes, I "eat to my meter". That means I
can eat pretty much anything that I want as long as I can keep my blood
sugar in the normal range of under 140 mg/dl at one hour (7.8 mmol/l)
and under 120 mg/dl (or lower) at two hours (6.6 mmol/L). Now that I'm
on some meds that have really straightened out my blood sugar, I've
started shooting for much lower numbers than these--under 120 at all
times and in the 80s and 90s within 2 hours.

I'm also shooting for an hba1c test result under 5.5% and a fasting
blood sugar under 100 mg/dl. (5.6 mmol/L) Attaining those kinds of good
numbers means keeping carbs per meal at 30 gm or less, preferably slow
acting, though if they aren't I take Precose (a prescription med) to
slow them down.
So far, on this regimen aided by Metformin, Precose and DHEA I have not
gained any weight (as mentioned in another posting) despite eating more
food this holiday season than I have eaten in years. I'm a happy girl <g>.

--
--Jenny Type 2 diabetes since 1998. Hba1c 5.7%
Low Carbing for 5 years. 140 lbs (goal)

Cut the "carbs" to respond to my email address.
What they Don't Tell You About Diabetes Web Site
http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u/

Jenny's Low Carb Diet Facts & Figures site
http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/

Looking for help controlling your blood sugar?
Visit http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/Newly Diagnosed.htm

after quitting smoking using ZYBAN, PATCHES, and M+M's, i needed to
lose a few.pounds (a couple sizes of
jeans).........................i was amazed by the effect sugar
caused on my craving, and started my LC journey by reading CAD.
there i found a quiz, took it and was committed to give it a try!
http://www.carbohydrateaddicts.com/

after getting "the swing" of a LC WOE and truly understanding my
sugar problems, i was able to do a semi atkins, with additional
veggies and fruits.

eating LC has made all the difference in the world with my sugar
cravings, my arthritis, and my mood swings!

best of everything to you in this new year!

rosie
p.s. one of our newsgroup inspirations:
http://pages.cthome.net/axiak/

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:46:25 GMT, Lilith79 wrote:

> I know there are a ton of LC 'diet' plans out there. Which one are you
> following?

I'm LC'ing for blood glucose reasons, not weight. My BG isn't awfully high,
but I'm trying to straighten out the bounces.

I'm mostly having protein in mornings, saving carbs for evenings.

I like a lot of features of the radiantrecovery.com / "Potatoes Not Prozac"
plan, tho it's a little too ... dramatic for me. :) The protein drink for
breakfast (tho I do a very simple thin one) and potatoes as late snack is
very good tho. (The more carby a late snack, the lower my FBG, and the more
energy I have next morning.)

I like the theory of the caveman diets: avoiding things that came late in
evolution, such as grains and breads. Potatoes would be sort of borderline,
they do need fire but they don't need grinding and yeast and baking etc. I
still like bread and crackers, but I'm thinking of trying to get more of my
carbs from fruits etc instead, maybe with something to make them more slow
absorbing, lower GI/GL.

I do eat a lot of dairy and fat, without worrying about all those big
words.:) I like oily meat, such as bacon, and tuna packed in olive oil.

Skinny
A1c 5.5

>I started with Atkins, but got bored with weighing and measuring stuff, so I
>simplified it.

Wow. Over a year on Atkins and I have yet to weigh or measure anything. Who
knew we were screwing up so badly?

LCing since 12/01/03-
Me- 5'7" 265/159/140
& hubby- 6' 310/188/180