Which XC would you buy

BAD MOJO said:
Nice bikes. The fuel and Giant. First bike was a Giant and it took a good beating and held up well.

However, today I road the Yeti ASR-sl. What a sweet ride. The owner of the local shop let me take it out for the day and I was very impressed. When I brought it back to the store I actually tried to buy it from him. ( its only 5 mths old.) He said he'd think about it.

Saw a group of guys ridding the Maverick today. This is also a sweet bike I would like to try but when I saw the price for a XT, Sram X.O it made the loaded yeti look affordable.

My search still continues. Leaning toward the Yeti at this point .

Keep the info comming.
I hear that the New Specialized EPIC FSR is a real bad ass and is new for 05'. But I definately agree with what everyone is saying ride before you buy. I love Trek and I am currently shopping several F/S bikes including the Fuel 90, however, Trek does not give demo bikes to LBS's so unless you personally know the owner you are going to be buying without riding.

I just raced my new Litespeed Niota at the 12 hours of Tsali. I love that bike. I rode the Titus Racer-X and really liked that too. I'm a Ti fanatic so I didn't like the alum construction of the Titus.

I'm sure any of the high end bikes would work just fine... It's hard to find a bad one.

I've seen a lot of chainsuck and other drivetrain issues with the Treks.

jaguar75 said:
I hear that the New Specialized EPIC FSR is a real bad ass and is new for 05'. But I definately agree with what everyone is saying ride before you buy. I love Trek and I am currently shopping several F/S bikes including the Fuel 90, however, Trek does not give demo bikes to LBS's so unless you personally know the owner you are going to be buying without riding.

iv read alot of great reviews on the BLUR, so thats what id go with, plus it lookd kool :)

~Scott