While I'm weighing stuff

Mikael Seierup

Guest
TE-clone with front fairing and wintertires and whatnot weighs a whopping 23 kg (50.7 lbs for you
"over there")

Mikael

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> TE-clone with front fairing and wintertires and whatnot weighs a whopping 23 kg (50.7 lbs for you
> "over there")
>
> Mikael

Holy cow! That's almost 1/2 the weight of Joe Kochanowski's Moby streamliner! FWIW: my stock Tour
Easy is about 40 pounds (don't know for sure) with fairing and skinny tires. I usually carry about 5
pounds of whatnot when riding. 50 pounds starts pushing into the road-crushing range.

Mongol General: Conan, what is good in life? Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before
you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Jeff

Jeff Wills wrote:

> "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
> berlin.de>...
>
>>TE-clone with front fairing and wintertires and whatnot weighs a whopping 23 kg (50.7 lbs for you
>>"over there")
>>
>>Mikael
>

> Holy cow! That's almost 1/2 the weight of Joe Kochanowski's Moby streamliner! FWIW: my stock Tour
> Easy is about 40 pounds (don't know for sure) with fairing and skinny tires. I usually carry about
> 5 pounds of whatnot when riding. 50 pounds starts pushing into the road-crushing range....

My RANS "Wavewind" with front fairing, rack, fenders, bodysock, lights, and a 3x7 hub is 42 pounds.

Tom Sherman – Close to 41½ N, 90½ W

"Jeff Wills" skrev...
> FWIW: my stock Tour Easy is about 40 pounds (don't know for sure) with fairing and skinny tires. I
> usually carry about 5 pounds of whatnot when riding. 50 pounds starts pushing into the road-
> crushing range.

Yes its lovely up hills. ;-) If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger I guess. The frame is for
me whos 6' 3 which doesn't help. But I've had people who rode the real McCoy comment my clone had a
stiffer frame which they liked. And it cost all of 500 dollars and was made by a professional
bikebuilder in Poland. (Maciek Kazmarek who built Sweet Surprise many moons ago)

Pic of the critter here: http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/briangoebbels In "Recumbents"-folder.

> Mongol General: Conan, what is good in life? Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before
> you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

I gave up crushing people before me. Pedestrians are soooo hard to wash off the windscreen. ;-)

Mikael

Originally posted by Mikael Seierup
TE-clone with front fairing and wintertires and whatnot weighs a whopping 23 kg (50.7 lbs for you
"over there")

Mikael

The day I picked up my Quetzal C105, the bike shop guy hung it on the scale for me. It weighed 43 lbs. I then proceeded to mount a rear carrier on which I fastened a small Rubbermaid action packer which I usually have full of all kinds of ****. ( It will carry a 12 pack very nicely) All that combined with my 240 lbs makes for quite a load,
However, having driven 18 wheelers for 32 years, one thing I understand is with enough gear reduction, any power unit can pull any load.
Dan Burkhart
Oakville Ontario