While the leg humpers were humping away...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    I was out riding.

    I had to suffer mostly empty trails.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103005.jpg

    My summer home, Migrant Farmworker Shack on high.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103007.jpg

    The Columbines are out in full force after a year in absentia from the drought. It's good to see
    them back again.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103004.jpg

    Mixing it up a bit, I felt like a "road" climb on Friday. The climb starts just to the right of the
    lakes. It's 18 miles and over 4,000 ft of forest road climbing to where I turned around at the top.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103011.jpg

    A fringe benefit of the climb. The tourons feed the chipmunks contrary to the sign telling them not
    to do so and it makes those little buggers pretty bold.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103009.jpg

    Rob and Jim from the "Leftovers". We had a great spin on Sunday.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103024.jpg

    Jim grabs a little air on the short, but jump-filled ATV trail portion.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103028.jpg

    Drought? What drought? Rob in the weedy woods.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103029.jpg

    Yesterday I was greeted with this view from where I parked to start a ride. How quickly can you get
    geared up to ride?

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103019.jpg

    The apex of the ride. A stunning view for a turnaround into a mostly downhill return trip.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103020.jpg

    While waiting for the VonTrapp family to appear, I had to shoot the empty trail just once.

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103032.jpg

    JD

    Tags:

  2. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    JD wrote:
    > The Columbines are out in full force after a year in absentia from the drought. It's good to see
    > them back again.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103004.jpg

    Here in Utah, all our Columbines seem to be white. (I don't know what that means.)

  3. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    The hills are indeed alive with the sound of music!

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

    > I was out riding.
    >
    > I had to suffer mostly empty trails.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103005.jpg
    >
    > My summer home, Migrant Farmworker Shack on high.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103007.jpg
    >
    > The Columbines are out in full force after a year in absentia from the drought. It's good to see
    > them back again.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103004.jpg
    >
    > Mixing it up a bit, I felt like a "road" climb on Friday. The climb starts just to the right of
    > the lakes. It's 18 miles and over 4,000 ft of forest road climbing to where I turned around at
    > the top.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103011.jpg
    >
    > A fringe benefit of the climb. The tourons feed the chipmunks contrary to the sign telling them
    > not to do so and it makes those little buggers pretty bold.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103009.jpg
    >
    > Rob and Jim from the "Leftovers". We had a great spin on Sunday.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103024.jpg
    >
    > Jim grabs a little air on the short, but jump-filled ATV trail portion.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103028.jpg
    >
    > Drought? What drought? Rob in the weedy woods.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103029.jpg
    >
    > Yesterday I was greeted with this view from where I parked to start a ride. How quickly can you
    > get geared up to ride?
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103019.jpg
    >
    > The apex of the ride. A stunning view for a turnaround into a mostly downhill return trip.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103020.jpg
    >
    > While waiting for the VonTrapp family to appear, I had to shoot the empty trail just once.
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/070103032.jpg
    >
    > JD

  4. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    > I was out riding.

    Great! Glad to see you're finally taking the advice that you give to so many! Now keep it up, and
    keep your worthless opinions to yourself, and this will be a great group!

  5. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

  6. John Spann

    John Spann Guest

    JD wrote:
    > I was out riding.
    >
    > I had to suffer mostly empty trails.

    <snip postcards for politeness sake>

    > JD

    All this from the guy who rides triple track? How's the ATV, JD?

    John "Ball Buster" Spann

  7. Spider

    Spider Guest

    > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I was out riding.
    >
    > Great! Glad to see you're finally taking the advice that you give to so many! Now keep it up, and
    > keep your worthless opinions to yourself, and this will be a great group!

    Actually, if you'd take your own advice, this would be a great group.

    Uhh, that's "irony," Dumdshitski.

    Spider

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

    John Spann <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > JD wrote:
    > > I was out riding.
    > >
    > > I had to suffer mostly empty trails.
    > >
    > <snip postcards for politeness sake>
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > All this from the guy who rides triple track? How's the ATV, JD?
    >
    > John "Ball Buster" Spann

    Its done bin runnin gud.

    JD

  9. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On 1 Jul 2003 11:46:12 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    <SNIP Great Pictures> Those are some fine pictures there!

    Bill " A wee bit Jealous" Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  10. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Bill Porter) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 1 Jul 2003 11:46:12 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >
    > <SNIP Great Pictures> Those are some fine pictures there!
    >
    > Bill " A wee bit Jealous" Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

    Remember, I'm just a figment of everyone's imagination.

    JD