Whining

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by Meek One, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Meek One

Meek One New Member

So I got my PowerTap Pro and have been doing some rides...

1. Using the free software, can I see my intervals? I seem to only see my total time out, which includes my obvious slow warm-up and cool-down. This obviously knocks down my power numbers substantially especially on shorter rides.

2. I didn't know I had to pay to 'upload' it. So I registered for a 14 day trial and uploaded my file. Disappeared. Didn't upload, but isn't on my 'download' free version either. :rolleyes:

3. I still don't understand why there aren't any 'stickies' on this forum. Like how to increase 5 sec or 5 min power. If I go to search, I get the message that these words are too short or too common and thus get every power post in the power forum.

4. Where can I find effective power training routines to start using in my varied training?

You guys rock. Thanks for listening to me. Try not to flame me as I am just a little frustrated. I'll take it out on the bike later...

Tags:

2. palewin

palewin New Member

Can't comment on the software, since like many (most?) of us, I bought CyclingPeaks software, which is simply great; I could never get the PowerTap software to run. As for "effective training routines" buy a copy of "Training and Racing with a Power Meter" by Hunter Allen and Andy Coggan (VeloPress), which should give you everything you want.

3. Billsworld

Billsworld New Member

To get real 5 sec etc.. you have to use peaks. The intervals are not showing up after you download the info? There is a way to even view them on the ride.Read your manual Mr.:) My 5 sec power is usually about 100 watts less than peak power

4. Meek One

Meek One New Member

Umm, you blended my post together. I can find peak and 5 sec. My question about those were related to training.

What I seem to not be able to find is how to see only my different intervals on the free download, so I can each interval's 5 sec, 10 sec etc...not just the best one of the ride. Sure I can guess by looking at the overall graph (tiny), but written out numbers would be nice to compare...

PS I am getting skinny like you, Billworld.

5. Billsworld

Billsworld New Member

Stay big and mean. I was just complaining to my wife how bad training was going. I went to shorter cranks, stopped squatting and am riding more...result is I am 5 lbs lighter, in better shape and make lots less power.