White Industries Eccentric Hub

Bloocow

Guest
Hiya all!

Finally got my WI Eccentric SS hub last weekend and managed to build it up last night. Gonna test
ride it tomorrow and I haven't been so excited for quite some time. Anyway, got a quick
question,anyone have trouble getting freewheels off after some time? specifically shimano
freewheels.

FWIW, I used to have a hard time getting freewheels off my previous Surly hub, and that hub had a
nut to secure the freewheel remover onto the axle but the WI Eccentric doesn't. I've cut a very thin
(0.1mm?) plastic sheet to act as a spacer for the WI but am not sure if that'll make it easier to
remove in future.

Cheers, bloocow

Human attacks on animals - How can you help? Stop eating meat and start eating more vegetables.
Donate cash, real estate or good bicycles to bloocow, Bovine Extroadinaire. Visit
http://bloocow.tripod.com for pointless wastage of time.

"bloocow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hiya all!
>
> Finally got my WI Eccentric SS hub last weekend and managed to build it up last night. Gonna test
> ride it tomorrow and I haven't been so excited for quite some time. Anyway, got a quick
> question,anyone have trouble getting freewheels off after some time? specifically shimano
> freewheels.
>
> FWIW, I used to have a hard time getting freewheels off my previous Surly hub, and that hub had a
> nut to secure the freewheel remover onto the axle but the WI Eccentric doesn't. I've cut a very
> thin (0.1mm?) plastic sheet
> act as a spacer for the WI but am not sure if that'll make it easier to remove in future.
>
> Cheers, bloocow

Cool! Let us know how it goes. I've been thinking about one of those too. How hard is it to set up?
Remove the wheel? Let us know how it works out for you.

Matt (sorry , no answers to your ?'s here)