White Industries ENO

rplace13

Oct 30, 2007
Anybody using the ENO hub on a vertical dropout bike? Seems like a great idea, but kind of pricy once you buy their cog/lockring and freewheel if you want to go flip flop. Would like to hear what others think before I buy.

I have been looking for an older steel frame, but got to thinkin why not use one of my "newer" frames that is getting little to no use. I think my old Kestrel 200 might make an interesting Fixie.

Thanks, Rich

rplace13 said:
Anybody using the ENO hub on a vertical dropout bike? Seems like a great idea, but kind of pricy once you buy their cog/lockring and freewheel if you want to go flip flop. Would like to hear what others think before I buy.

I have been looking for an older steel frame, but got to thinkin why not use one of my "newer" frames that is getting little to no use. I think my old Kestrel 200 might make an interesting Fixie.

Thanks, Rich

Have built more than a few wheels using the ENO hub. It comes with a cog and lockring,BTW. Nice design. I think the only thing to remember that if you use a rear brake, tensioning the chain causes the wheel to move up and down as well and it can be an issue with some low-ish brake bridges, brake calipers and brake pad adjustment. No rear brake, no issues generally. Any SS freewheel will fit onto the SS side, not just the White one(even tho a very nice SS FW, but expensive)

Peter@vecchios said:
Have built more than a few wheels using the ENO hub. It comes with a cog and lockring,BTW. Nice design. I think the only thing to remember that if you use a rear brake, tensioning the chain causes the wheel to move up and down as well and it can be an issue with some low-ish brake bridges, brake calipers and brake pad adjustment. No rear brake, no issues generally. Any SS freewheel will fit onto the SS side, not just the White one(even tho a very nice SS FW, but expensive)

Thanks for the info. Want to build another one?