White Industries ENO

supabonbon wrote:

> Cyclingnews review: http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?i-
> d=tech/2004/reviews/white_ind_eno_eccentric_hub
>
> /s

Good article, thanks for posting! I'm still in the process
of trying to build up a SS and have been considering this,
but since I do not have a uber-light, uber-nice frame to do
it with, I think I will stick with a chain tensioner. But
which one offers a good value, functional but relatively
inexpensive? Anyone?

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

"Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> supabonbon wrote:
>
> > Cyclingnews review:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2004/reviews/wh-
ite_ind_eno_eccentric_hub

> > /s
>
> Good article, thanks for posting! I'm still in the process
> of trying to build up a SS and have been considering this,
> but since I do not have a uber-light, uber-nice frame to
> do it with, I think I will stick with a chain tensioner.
> But which one offers a good value, functional but
> relatively inexpensive? Anyone?
>
> --
> Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam"
> to reply)

I use an ENO 18T freewheel on my SS. What a pleasure it is
to ride the bike, no hopping or skipping from the rear end
of the bike. I got rid of the Shimano because it kept
skipping and causing me to miss pedal strokes. White
Industries definitely makes high quality products. A little
on the pricey side but well worth it.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

supabonbon wrote:
> Cyclingnews review:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2004/reviews/wh-
ite_ind_eno_eccentric_hub

> /s

Cool. Thanks for sharing. I was on the verge of buying one
of these last year to build up my old S-Works M4 hardtail
into an SS. But the price was a little high for me (since I
was only planning on using one side). Then I found my 1x1
for cheap all built up with nice stuff and decided to go
that route and sell the old frame. Horizontal dropouts sure
make it nice and easy to get things set right, but the ENO
looks like a great solution for the right situation.

Matt