White Industries, LTA hubs ?

BikeyGuy

Sep 27, 2003
Anyone ride on the White Industrie LTA hubs ?
I've heard from "Road Bike Review" that these hubs can be a bit noisey.
(Pawl noise no doubt)
Chris King hubs are noisey. I've heard those on other bikes. They are a bit to loud for me. I was wondering if anyone has heard the W.I. LTA hubs, and how you would rate the noise level in respect to the Chris King's or, what I consider, the quiet Campy's.
Thanks !

I've revently gotten a set of the LTA hubs built up with Sapim CX-Ray spokes and DT rims. Seem pretty nice so far, but I only have about 400 miles on them -- just starting to get broken in and spinning up better now. Great upgrade from the Mavic Cosmos I had on the ride before.

Now, to your question. I don't think that they are as noisy as the Kings -- I would put them in the same "noise" category as the Campy record hubs that I've heard. They are not as quiet as Shimano's hubs, and certainly not as quiet as the Am Classics, which make almost no noise whatsoever. I'll also note that they seem to have gotten quieter since I've gotten the wheels, but that might just be me getting used to them (they are louder than the 2002-era Cosmos). Hope this helps.

BikeyGuy said:
Anyone ride on the White Industrie LTA hubs ?
I've heard from "Road Bike Review" that these hubs can be a bit noisey.
(Pawl noise no doubt)
Chris King hubs are noisey. I've heard those on other bikes. They are a bit to loud for me. I was wondering if anyone has heard the W.I. LTA hubs, and how you would rate the noise level in respect to the Chris King's or, what I consider, the quiet Campy's.
Thanks !

supergiraffe said:
I've revently gotten a set of the LTA hubs built up with Sapim CX-Ray spokes and DT rims. Seem pretty nice so far, but I only have about 400 miles on them -- just starting to get broken in and spinning up better now. Great upgrade from the Mavic Cosmos I had on the ride before.

Now, to your question. I don't think that they are as noisy as the Kings -- I would put them in the same "noise" category as the Campy record hubs that I've heard. They are not as quiet as Shimano's hubs, and certainly not as quiet as the Am Classics, which make almost no noise whatsoever. I'll also note that they seem to have gotten quieter since I've gotten the wheels, but that might just be me getting used to them (they are louder than the 2002-era Cosmos). Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info Super....it helps alot.
Safe ridning.