White Trash Benedict

Virginia Tadrzy

Guest
I found this while surfing the net. I guess thinking about relatives made me enter 'white trash'
under the search modifier. This sounded 'er' sorta strange.

Been out of commission for a while (computer hacked up a hair ball) so to get back into the fray, I
've added this. The chef of this concoction is listed at the end. -Ginny

White Trash Benedict Servings: 1 Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

1 English muffin

1 can of Spam

Velveeta cheese

1 egg

Directions:

Poach egg.

T oast muffin.

Fry 2 slices of Spam.

Arrange muffin with a layer of Spam, poached egg.

Pour Velveeta all over and enjoy.

Tracy Lynn Ramirez

--
"The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain

"Virginia Tadrzynski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> White Trash Benedict Servings: 1 Time: 30 minutes
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1 English muffin
>
> 1 can of Spam
>
> Velveeta cheese
>
> 1 egg
>
> Directions:
>
> Poach egg.
>
> T oast muffin.
>
> Fry 2 slices of Spam.
>
> Arrange muffin with a layer of Spam, poached egg.
>
> Pour Velveeta all over and enjoy.

BLEAH!!

"Virginia Tadrzynski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I found this while surfing the net. I guess thinking about relatives made me enter 'white trash'
> under the search modifier. This sounded 'er' sorta strange.
>
> Been out of commission for a while (computer hacked up a hair ball) so to get back into the fray,
> I 've added this. The chef of this concoction is listed at the end. -Ginny

Killfiled

"Virginia Tadrzynski" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I found this while surfing the net. I guess thinking about relatives made me enter 'white trash'
> under the search modifier. This sounded 'er' sorta strange.

Glad you said "sorta strange", or I'd begin worrying about you, Ginny!
<G> Spam wasn't allowed in our home when I was growing up, and I've never purchased a can, although
I tasted it once when someone brought an appetizer prepared with it to the office. If it hadn't
been such a small piece, I'd have spit it out. Velveeta isn't so bad for some things, really,
although I don't normally use it. My aunt used to make a pretty good sandwich spread with it,
along with chopped pimiento, some grated Swiss cheese, and a bit of mayonnaise.

> Been out of commission for a while (computer hacked up a hair ball) so to get back into the fray,
> I 've added this. The chef of this concoction is listed at the end. -Ginny

Sorry about your 'puter, but glad to see it's back on track.

Wayne

> White Trash Benedict Servings: 1 Time: 30 minutes
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1 English muffin
>
> 1 can of Spam
>
> Velveeta cheese
>
> 1 egg
>
> Directions:
>
> Poach egg.
>
> T oast muffin.
>
> Fry 2 slices of Spam.
>
> Arrange muffin with a layer of Spam, poached egg.
>
> Pour Velveeta all over and enjoy.
>

> Tracy Lynn Ramirez
>

> --
> "The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain

you were thinking about in-laws....right....know that feeling.

Harriet & critters (J J the world famous jack russell terrior who is sitting on my lap...feeling
very needy; PK the lady manx who rules the house and is in the chair by the window....grooming.
"Virginia Tadrzynski" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> I found this while surfing the net. I guess thinking about relatives made me enter 'white trash'
> under the search modifier. This sounded 'er' sorta strange.
>
> Been out of commission for a while (computer hacked up a hair ball) so to get back into the fray,
> I 've added this. The chef of this concoction is listed at the end. -Ginny
>

> White Trash Benedict Servings: 1 Time: 30 minutes
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1 English muffin
>
> 1 can of Spam
>
> Velveeta cheese
>
> 1 egg
>
> Directions:
>
> Poach egg.
>
> T oast muffin.
>
> Fry 2 slices of Spam.
>
> Arrange muffin with a layer of Spam, poached egg.
>
> Pour Velveeta all over and enjoy.
>

> Tracy Lynn Ramirez
>

> --
> "The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:23:51 -0500, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I found this while surfing the net. I guess thinking about relatives made me enter 'white trash'
>under the search modifier. This sounded 'er' sorta strange.

>White Trash Benedict
<snip>

>Pour Velveeta all over and enjoy.

You can't "pour" Velveeta. Cheeze Whiz, maybe.

That recipe reminds me of a dish my mother in law cooked once while visiting us (because of the
salty and the white trash factor). She called it a Mexican casserole, but it consisted solely of
(and I am NOT kidding here) Fritos, canned green chile sauce (no meat), and jack cheese. My husband
and I could barely choke it down. Afterward he told me he hated it. Then she tried to make it AGAIN
during the same visit and I told her he didn't like it because it didn't have any meat. So she used
canned green chile sauce with tiny bits of pork. I laughed so hard (not in her presence, of course)
I almost died.

Recently they came for dinner and I made a Mexican casserole with seasoned beef, homemade guacamole,
sour cream, homemade pico de gallo, cheese, etc. (not haute cuisine, but at least with SOME
substance) and she actually sat at the table and told us about HER casserole that she makes that is
really good. She's forgotten serving it to us. Food almost came out of my nose, but I managed to
hold it together : ).

My husband has many, many horror stories about his childhood food experiences.

BTW, I lurk here a lot but don't post because I don't have any of my own recipes. But I thank all of
you who do and post them here. I get a lot of good ideas.

Dawn

In rec.food.cooking, Anthony <[email protected]> wrote:

> BLEAH!!

I dunno. Sounds pretty tasty to me.

--
...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who

Frogleg <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:23:51 -0500, "Virginia Tadrzynski" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I found this while surfing the net. I guess thinking about relatives made me enter 'white trash'
>>under the search modifier. This sounded 'er' sorta strange.
>
>>White Trash Benedict
> <snip>
>
>>Pour Velveeta all over and enjoy.
>
> You can't "pour" Velveeta. Cheeze Whiz, maybe.

You can pour it if it's melted, and it melts quite easily.

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:40:05 -0700, "Dawn" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> She called it a Mexican casserole, but it consisted solely of (and I am NOT kidding here) Fritos,
> canned green chile sauce (no meat), and jack cheese.

Frito pie fits in here. There are many recipes that actually call for assembling and baking this
'pie', but the most basic method is to rip open a bag of Fritos, heat up a can of chili and pour
over the chips, then top with grated cheddar and optional diced onion.

In article <KmcXb.72448$fD.48920@fed1read02>, Dawn <[email protected]> wrote:

> That recipe reminds me of a dish my mother in law cooked once while visiting us (because of the
> salty and the white trash factor). She called it a Mexican casserole, but it consisted solely of
> (and I am NOT kidding here) Fritos, canned green chile sauce (no meat), and jack cheese.

Sounds a little like a frito pie, which can actually be pretty good. Of course, you don't bake that,
and you need some meat, beans, and sauce. Okay, I guess it isn't much like Frito pie at all. Letting
someone else cook in your house is usually a mistake, but sometimes you can't help it....

Mike Beede

[email protected] wrote:
> In rec.food.cooking, Anthony <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>BLEAH!!
>

> I dunno. Sounds pretty tasty to me.

Me too, but it sounds kind of salty. That government cheese loaf would probably be better than
Velveeta in this recipe.

Bob

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 04:24:33 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Frogleg <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:23:51 -0500, "Virginia Tadrzynski" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>White Trash Benedict
>> <snip>
>>
>>>Pour Velveeta all over and enjoy.
>>
>> You can't "pour" Velveeta. Cheeze Whiz, maybe.
>>
>You can pour it if it's melted, and it melts quite easily.

Ah. But the 'recipe' didn't mention melting -- just pouring.

Frogleg <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 04:24:33 GMT, Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Frogleg <[email protected]> wrote

>>> <snip>

>>> You can't "pour" Velveeta. Cheeze Whiz, maybe.
>>>
>>You can pour it if it's melted, and it melts quite easily.
>
> Ah. But the 'recipe' didn't mention melting -- just pouring.

You're right. Hmmm... Assumptions.

In rec.food.cooking, zxcvbob <[email protected]> wrote:

> Me too, but it sounds kind of salty.

Yeah - true.

--
...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...