White Van Man - the flip-side of the beast

James Hodson

Guest
Hi all

Today a white van turned out of a semi-hidden turning in front of me. At the next junction the van
stopped and I was met with hand signals and a loud roar from the driver.

The hand signal was a wave and the load roar was a "sorry mate". He'd stopped to apologise.

In fact, he hadn't caused me to slow or swerve at all.

James

--
A credit limit is NOT a target.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Hi all
>
> Today a white van turned out of a semi-hidden turning in front of me. At the next junction the van
> stopped and I was met with hand signals and a loud roar from the driver.
>
> The hand signal was a wave and the load roar was a "sorry mate". He'd stopped to apologise.
>
> In fact, he hadn't caused me to slow or swerve at all.

I've seen this side of whitevanman too. I once needed to pull across to the RH lane as I approached
some lights. I looked back a couple of times for a gap to move across into. whitevanman saw my
look-backs, realised what I was considering doing and flashed me to move across.

Colin

> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
> > Hi all
> >
> > Today a white van turned out of a semi-hidden turning in front of me. At the next junction the
> > van stopped and I was met with hand signals and a loud roar from the driver.
> >
> > The hand signal was a wave and the load roar was a "sorry mate". He'd stopped to apologise.
> >
> > In fact, he hadn't caused me to slow or swerve at all.
>
> I've seen this side of whitevanman too. I once needed to pull across to the RH lane as I
> approached some lights. I looked back a couple of times for a gap to move across into. whitevanman
> saw my look-backs, realised what I was considering doing and flashed me to move across.
>
> Colin

I met his evil brother, sandwich in one hand, mobile in the other, head on, wrong side of road.
Fortunately I wasn't 'forced' to stop.