White Van Man - the flip-side of the beast

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by James Hodson, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Hodson

James Hodson Guest

Hi all

Today a white van turned out of a semi-hidden turning in front of me. At the next junction the van
    stopped and I was met with hand signals and a loud roar from the driver.

The hand signal was a wave and the load roar was a "sorry mate". He'd stopped to apologise.

In fact, he hadn't caused me to slow or swerve at all.

James

--
    A credit limit is NOT a target.

Tags:

2. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Hi all
    >
    > Today a white van turned out of a semi-hidden turning in front of me. At the next junction the van
    > stopped and I was met with hand signals and a loud roar from the driver.
    >
    > The hand signal was a wave and the load roar was a "sorry mate". He'd stopped to apologise.
    >
    > In fact, he hadn't caused me to slow or swerve at all.

I've seen this side of whitevanman too. I once needed to pull across to the RH lane as I approached
    some lights. I looked back a couple of times for a gap to move across into. whitevanman saw my
    look-backs, realised what I was considering doing and flashed me to move across.

Colin

3. Elyob

Elyob Guest

"Colin Blackburn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]com>,
    > [email protected] says...
    > > Hi all
    > >
    > > Today a white van turned out of a semi-hidden turning in front of me. At the next junction the
    > > van stopped and I was met with hand signals and a loud roar from the driver.
    > >
    > > The hand signal was a wave and the load roar was a "sorry mate". He'd stopped to apologise.
    > >
    > > In fact, he hadn't caused me to slow or swerve at all.
    >
    > I've seen this side of whitevanman too. I once needed to pull across to the RH lane as I
    > approached some lights. I looked back a couple of times for a gap to move across into. whitevanman
    > saw my look-backs, realised what I was considering doing and flashed me to move across.
    >
    > Colin

I met his evil brother, sandwich in one hand, mobile in the other, head on, wrong side of road.
    Fortunately I wasn't 'forced' to stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.