Whither the Rites of Spring

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Pennyaline, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. Pennyaline

    Pennyaline Guest

    Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?

    <Please, say I didn't!>
     
    Tags:


  2. Ward Abbott

    Ward Abbott Guest

    On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:37:41 -0600, Pennyaline
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?



    Google didn't even know what you were talking about. Hold out for
    Arbor Day. Should be coming soon.
     
  3. Pennyaline

    Pennyaline Guest

    Ward Abbott wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:37:41 -0600, Pennyaline
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?

    >
    >
    > Google didn't even know what you were talking about. Hold out for
    > Arbor Day. Should be coming soon.


    Awww, c'mon. Google should have found something ;p
     
  4. Ward wrote:

    >> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?

    >
    > Google didn't even know what you were talking about. Hold out for
    > Arbor Day. Should be coming soon.


    Yes, Google *did* know. Try just using "Frghoptd" and searching Google
    Groups.

    Also, I believe that Pennyaline is correct, and the holiday passed without
    comment or the usual contests and parades.

    Bob, crying for sad
     
  5. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Pennyaline wrote:
    > Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?
    >
    > <Please, say I didn't!>


    Sorry, but Google only turned up replies to rfc from Sheldon and a couple of
    others. I've never heard of this. The next fire feast is Beltane on the
    first of May (aka May Day)

    Jill
     
  6. pgluth1

    pgluth1 Guest

    > Pennyaline wrote:
    >> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?


    I was so embarassed my Elbonoroni Pie didn't turn out for the festivities,
    I was afraid to bring it up.
     
  7. On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 02:56:31 -0500, "jmcquown"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Pennyaline wrote:
    >> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?
    >>
    >> <Please, say I didn't!>

    >
    >Sorry, but Google only turned up replies to rfc from Sheldon and a couple of
    >others. I've never heard of this. The next fire feast is Beltane on the
    >first of May (aka May Day)


    It's an Elbonian holiday.

    Carol
    --

    Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
    they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

    Stolen from "traid" on the IRC
     
Loading...