Whither the Rites of Spring

Pennyaline

Guest
Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?

<Please, say I didn't!>

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:37:41 -0600, Pennyaline
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?

Google didn't even know what you were talking about. Hold out for
Arbor Day. Should be coming soon.

Ward Abbott wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:37:41 -0600, Pennyaline
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?

> Google didn't even know what you were talking about. Hold out for
> Arbor Day. Should be coming soon.

Awww, c'mon. Google should have found something ;p

Ward wrote:

>> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?

> Google didn't even know what you were talking about. Hold out for
> Arbor Day. Should be coming soon.

Yes, Google *did* know. Try just using "Frghoptd" and searching Google
Groups.

Also, I believe that Pennyaline is correct, and the holiday passed without
comment or the usual contests and parades.

Bob, crying for sad

Pennyaline wrote:
> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?
>
> <Please, say I didn't!>

Sorry, but Google only turned up replies to rfc from Sheldon and a couple of
others. I've never heard of this. The next fire feast is Beltane on the
first of May (aka May Day)

Jill

> Pennyaline wrote:
>> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?

I was so embarassed my Elbonoroni Pie didn't turn out for the festivities,
I was afraid to bring it up.

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 02:56:31 -0500, "jmcquown"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Pennyaline wrote:
>> Did I miss St. Frghoptd's Day this year?
>>
>> <Please, say I didn't!>

>Sorry, but Google only turned up replies to rfc from Sheldon and a couple of
>others. I've never heard of this. The next fire feast is Beltane on the
>first of May (aka May Day)

It's an Elbonian holiday.

Carol
--

Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Stolen from "traid" on the IRC