Who ARE these middle-aged "conservatives"???

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Scribe2b, Mar 25, 2003.

  1. Scribe2b

    Scribe2b Guest

    lets start with me, fine... born during ww2. yep, middle aged. ridden dirt since 84. still ride
    it. last guy to use clipless or index shifting, ever. conservative? yep. i want to conserve our
    troops and the people they are killing. i want to conserve the goodwill we once had. i want to
    conserve the healthy economy we once had. i want to conserve our environment. i want to conserve
    our civil liberties. and i have a question--- how did "conservatives" convince people they deserve
    that label? jc

    Tags:

  2. Digler

    Digler Guest

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >"gopherhockey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >|
    >| Nice job throwing in a bike reference, but why the hell do we have to deal with all this ranting
    >| about the war in a mountain bike forum?? I'm SICK of it...
    >|
    >| Talk biking.. please.
    >|
    >| Are there no moderators here?
    >
    >At the last board meeting G.T., the moderator, mentioned that he was going to ban you soon.
    >Apparently he hasn't yet. I'm sure he will soon enough.

    Why bad gopherhockey, I don't see anything wrong with his posts...

    Perhaps if there is a problem someone ought to contact him vs. just banning him... again, I see
    nothing wrong - he wasn't the one posting non-bike related content here.

    http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19
    East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

  3. Digler

  4. digler wrote:
    > "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>"gopherhockey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>|
    >>| Nice job throwing in a bike reference, but why the hell do we have to deal with all this ranting
    >>| about the war in a mountain bike forum?? I'm SICK of it...
    >>|
    >>| Talk biking.. please.
    >>|
    >>| Are there no moderators here?
    >>
    >>At the last board meeting G.T., the moderator, mentioned that he was going to ban you soon.
    >>Apparently he hasn't yet. I'm sure he will soon enough.
    >>

    > Why bad gopherhockey, I don't see anything wrong with his posts...
    >
    > Perhaps if there is a problem someone ought to contact him vs. just banning him... again, I see
    > nothing wrong - he wasn't the one posting non-bike related content here.

    I'd tell you to duck, but I think that one cleared your head quite nicely.

    Jon Bond

  5. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    digler wrote:

    > Why bad gopherhockey, I don't see anything wrong with his posts...
    >
    > Perhaps if there is a problem someone ought to contact him vs. just banning him... again, I see
    > nothing wrong - he wasn't the one posting non-bike related content here.

    I've just mailed the moderator to suggest that you're next on the list to be banned. Posting the
    same message twice is a serious no-no.

  6. Jonathan Bond wrote:
    3>
    > I'd tell you to duck, but I think that one cleared your head quite nicely.
    >
    > Jon Bond

    ROTFL

  7. Gopherhockey

    Gopherhockey Guest

    Yes, I certainly apologize if I have done something wrong here? I have contaged this GT to see what
    the issue(s) are regarding my posts. So far the majority (other than complaining about non-mountain
    bike discussions.. but I didn't realize there was a moderator here) would be.

    I'll take it up with him.. we're a professional organization that believes in "gaining and
    maintaining trails" in our area - we give hundreds of volunteer hours to the "cause" so I certainly
    don't want to get someone all upset and I apologize to whomever I have offended.. (?)

    I guess I just assumed nobody wanted to hear non-mountain biking discussions. (personally I have
    gotten real sick of it) - but, its not my forum and I didn't realize there was a moderator - so
    again, I'm sorry... discuss away, I'll just do as penny suggested and kill em' instead. (thanks
    penny for actually writing a nice reply to me)

    Ok, on to other things.. again, sorry all!

    --
    gopherhockey
    East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

  8. Wha?

    Wha? Guest

    ??? I've never seen a forum with so many forum nazi's in it..

    "I just told on you too, my dad can beat up your dad, guess that one went right over your head..
    haha, lets all laugh at the newby's"

    Are you guys bikers for real, or what? Someone obviously got your panties in a bunch today.

    How about letting these people deal with the moderator themselves. Seems to me it was some kind of
    misunderstanding.

    bomba <[email protected]> wrote:
    >digler wrote:
    >
    >> Why bad gopherhockey, I don't see anything wrong with his posts...
    >>
    >> Perhaps if there is a problem someone ought to contact him vs. just banning him... again, I see
    >> nothing wrong - he wasn't the one posting non-bike related content here.
    >
    >I've just mailed the moderator to suggest that you're next on the list to be banned. Posting the
    >same message twice is a serious no-no.

  9. Zed

    Zed Guest

    Don't sweat it goph - some guys here are just asses no matter what is said... you will learn that
    as you go.

    gopherhockey <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Yes, I certainly apologize if I have done something wrong here? I have contaged this GT to see what
    >the issue(s) are regarding my posts. So far the majority (other than complaining about non-mountain
    >bike discussions.. but I didn't realize there was a moderator here) would be.
    >
    >I'll take it up with him.. we're a professional organization that believes in "gaining and
    >maintaining trails" in our area - we give hundreds of volunteer hours to the "cause" so I certainly
    >don't want to get someone all upset and I apologize to whomever I have offended.. (?)
    >
    >I guess I just assumed nobody wanted to hear non-mountain biking discussions. (personally I have
    >gotten real sick of it) - but, its not my forum and I didn't realize there was a moderator - so
    >again, I'm sorry... discuss away, I'll just do as penny suggested and kill em' instead. (thanks
    >penny for actually writing a nice reply to me)
    >
    >Ok, on to other things.. again, sorry all!
    >

    >--
    >gopherhockey
    >East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

  10. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

  11. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:12:42 GMT, Wha? <[email protected]> blathered:

    >??? I've never seen a forum with so many forum nazi's in it..
    >
    >Are you guys bikers for real, or what? Someone obviously got your panties in a bunch today.
    >
    >How about letting these people deal with the moderator themselves. Seems to me it was some kind of
    >misunderstanding.

    I agree, it's shocking. When I was the moderator I was a lot more understanding with minor
    misdemeanors and rule infractions. Unfortunately I top posted once too often and was voted out.
    That's why I don't post here much anymore, I can't take the rejection.

    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  12. "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:12:42 GMT, Wha? <[email protected]ail.com> blathered:
    |
    | >??? I've never seen a forum with so many forum nazi's in it..
    | >
    | >Are you guys bikers for real, or what? Someone obviously got your panties in a bunch today.
    | >
    | >How about letting these people deal with the moderator themselves. Seems to me it was some kind
    | >of misunderstanding.
    |
    | I agree, it's shocking. When I was the moderator I was a lot more understanding with minor
    | misdemeanors and rule infractions. Unfortunately I top posted once too often and was voted out.
    | That's why I don't post here much anymore, I can't take the rejection.

    Oh enough with your constant whining already.

    You know what you did and you were warned about bringing that business up again.

    I'm emailing this to G.T. and I'm sure he's going to ban you like we all suggested when your little
    moderation "indiscretions" were exposed.

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

  13. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Pete Jones wrote:

    > I agree, it's shocking. When I was the moderator I was a lot more understanding with minor
    > misdemeanors and rule infractions. Unfortunately I top posted once too often and was voted out.
    > That's why I don't post here much anymore, I can't take the rejection.

    Oi! I thought we told you to clear off!

  14. Wha

    Wha Guest

    I have been a casual observer for the most part. I guess if scaring people away from posting is the
    goal, thats fine.. I'll find another place to discuss mountain biking. It is unfortunate though -
    one might think that having more people involved in the discussion would be a good thing.

    I need to figure out if this is actually a semi-professional place to discuss biking or if this is
    just a close-knit group of kids that would rather carry on a conversation among themselves (in which
    case perhaps a public newsgroup is the wrong way to go about it?)

    I see a lot of value to most of the posts here though.. too bad a few have to feel they
    "own" things..

    I guess I'm probably banned now - I'm sure I said a wrong word or

    acceptable - must be a new brand of fork? hehe)

    Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
    >On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:12:42 GMT, Wha? <[email protected]> blathered:
    >
    >>??? I've never seen a forum with so many forum nazi's in it..
    >>
    >>Are you guys bikers for real, or what? Someone obviously got your panties in a bunch today.
    >>
    >>How about letting these people deal with the moderator themselves. Seems to me it was some kind of
    >>misunderstanding.
    >
    >I agree, it's shocking. When I was the moderator I was a lot more understanding with minor
    >misdemeanors and rule infractions. Unfortunately I top posted once too often and was voted out.
    >That's why I don't post here much anymore, I can't take the rejection.
    >

    >----
    >http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  15. Blaine Bauer

    Blaine Bauer Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, gopherhockey wrote:

    > Yes, I certainly apologize if I have done something wrong here? I have contaged this GT to see
    > what the issue(s) are regarding my posts.

    Does that mean you gave him something contageous?

    > I'll take it up with him.. we're a professional organization that believes in "gaining and
    > maintaining trails" in our area - we give hundreds of volunteer hours to the "cause"

    Never would have surmised that from the name "Gopher Hockey". Oh, I get it, its a Minnesota thing. I
    thought it was some sort of forced rodent sports. Not that I have a problem with that..

    > I guess I just assumed nobody wanted to hear non-mountain biking discussions. (personally I have
    > gotten real sick of it) - but, its not my forum and I didn't realize there was a moderator - so
    > again, I'm sorry...

    Sheez, If I don't say it no one will. This isn't somebody's private web forum. This is an ALT
    newsgroup, which means there are virtually no rules. We don't even have a charter, which means that
    technically nothing is off-topic. There'll be more MTB discussion when it warms up and drys out.

    BB

  16. Gopherhockey

    Gopherhockey Guest

    >>Never would have surmised that from the name "Gopher >>Hockey". Oh, I
    get it,
    >>its a Minnesota thing. I thought it was some sort of forced >>rodent
    sports.
    >>Not that I have a problem with that..

    Yea, there was a group that thought having "handles" (nicknames whatever) on our forums was just a
    little bit too much FUN... but hey, we can be all about fun and be professional too :)

    (I've never had a problem with forced rodent sports either, although I've seen people walk kinda
    funny the next day... hehe)

    --
    gopherhockey
    East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

  17. "Blaine Bauer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    | Sheez, If I don't say it no one will. This isn't somebody's private web
    forum.
    | This is an ALT newsgroup, which means there are virtually no rules. We
    don't
    | even have a charter, which means that technically nothing is off-topic.

    Spreading these kinds of lies got you banned before and I won't be surprised if they get you
    banned again.

    --

  18. Blaine Bauer wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, gopherhockey wrote:
    >
    >>Yes, I certainly apologize if I have done something wrong here? I have contaged this GT to see
    >>what the issue(s) are regarding my posts.
    <snip>
    > Sheez, If I don't say it no one will. This isn't somebody's private web forum. This is an ALT
    > newsgroup, which means there are virtually no rules. We don't even have a charter, which means
    > that technically nothing is off-topic. There'll be more MTB discussion when it warms up and
    > drys out.
    >
    > BB

    Actualy i sent the poor guy an email a 1/2 hour ago so he wouldn't commit suicide. i was wondering
    who would get case of concience( i can't spell it!) first.

  19. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    gopherhockey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yes, I certainly apologize if I have done something wrong here? I have contaged this GT to see
    > what the issue(s) are regarding my posts. So far the majority (other than complaining about
    > non-mountain bike discussions.. but I didn't realize there was a moderator here) would be.
    >
    > I'll take it up with him.. we're a professional organization that believes in "gaining and
    > maintaining trails" in our area - we give hundreds of volunteer hours to the "cause" so I
    > certainly don't want to get someone all upset and I apologize to whomever I have offended.. (?)
    >
    > I guess I just assumed nobody wanted to hear non-mountain biking discussions. (personally I have
    > gotten real sick of it) - but, its not my forum and I didn't realize there was a moderator - so
    > again, I'm sorry... discuss away, I'll just do as penny suggested and kill em' instead. (thanks
    > penny for actually writing a nice reply to me)
    >
    > Ok, on to other things.. again, sorry all!

    That just doesn't cut it, pal. You need to grovel even more, and apologize at least 10 more times.
    Then send G.T. money.

    Paladin The protocol cop