Who ARE these middle-aged "conservatives"???

Pete Jones wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:12:42 GMT, Wha? <[email protected]> blathered:
>
>> ??? I've never seen a forum with so many forum nazi's in it..
>>
>> Are you guys bikers for real, or what? Someone obviously got your panties in a bunch today.
>>
>> How about letting these people deal with the moderator themselves. Seems to me it was some kind
>> of misunderstanding.
>
> I agree, it's shocking. When I was the moderator I was a lot more understanding with minor
> misdemeanors and rule infractions. Unfortunately I top posted once too often and was voted out.
> That's why I don't post here much anymore, I can't take the rejection.
>

> ----
> http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

When I was moderator, everyone was sent to time-out in their room with no computer and no bike and
no beer and no women for a week.

Penny

Wha wrote:
> I have been a casual observer for the most part. I guess if scaring people away from posting is
> the goal, thats fine.. I'll find another place to discuss mountain biking. It is unfortunate
> though - one might think that having more people involved in the discussion would be a good thing.
>
> I need to figure out if this is actually a semi-professional place to discuss biking or if this is
> just a close-knit group of kids that would rather carry on a conversation among themselves (in
> which case perhaps a public newsgroup is the wrong way to go about it?)
>
> I see a lot of value to most of the posts here though.. too bad a few have to feel they "own"
> things..
>
> I guess I'm probably banned now - I'm sure I said a wrong word or

> is acceptable - must be a new brand of fork? hehe)

here's a concept: post a ride report. tell us about an bike adventure you had. I just love it
when people ***** (oops, is that another one?) about off topic content but don't provide any on
topic content.

penny

> Pete Jones wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:12:42 GMT, Wha? <[email protected]> blathered:
> >
> >> ??? I've never seen a forum with so many forum nazi's in it..
> >>
> >> Are you guys bikers for real, or what? Someone obviously got your panties in a bunch today.
> >>
> >> How about letting these people deal with the moderator themselves. Seems to me it was some kind
> >> of misunderstanding.
> >
> > I agree, it's shocking. When I was the moderator I was a lot more understanding with minor
> > misdemeanors and rule infractions. Unfortunately I top posted once too often and was voted out.
> > That's why I don't post here much anymore, I can't take the rejection.
> >

> > ----
> > http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/
>
> When I was moderator, everyone was sent to time-out in their room with no computer and no bike and
> no beer and no women for a week.

That was the longest 45 minutes in AM-B history.

Bill "still scarred" S.

Ok if you must.. then here's me on my bike

http://www.midcoast.com/~ck/31700-4.jpg

Wha wrote:
> Ok if you must.. then here's me on my bike
>
> http://www.midcoast.com/~ck/31700-4.jpg

ooh, some one report him to the moderator for top posting. (and that is NOT biking content, go to
your room)

In article <[email protected]>, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

> gopherhockey wrote:
> > Nice job throwing in a bike reference, but why the hell do we have to deal with all this ranting
> > about the war in a mountain bike forum?? I'm SICK of it...
>
> No-one's forcing you to stay here...
>
> > Talk biking.. please.
> >
> > Are there no moderators here?
>
> Hell yes. G.T. is the moderator.

Am I mistaken, or didn't Fagerlin depose G.T. last month? I sorta remember reading G.T.'s
concession speech.

TD

--
[email protected] World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html ICQ# available on request

Trekkie Dad wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>gopherhockey wrote:
>>
>>>Nice job throwing in a bike reference, but why the hell do we have to deal with all this ranting
>>>about the war in a mountain bike forum?? I'm SICK of it...
>>
>>No-one's forcing you to stay here...
>>

>>>Talk biking.. please.
>>>
>>>Are there no moderators here?
>>
>>Hell yes. G.T. is the moderator.
>>

> Am I mistaken, or didn't Fagerlin depose G.T. last month? I sorta remember reading G.T.'s
> concession speech.

Yeah, but I got bored and Pete couldn't handle the pressure so I usurped his powers.

Greg

gopherhockey wrote:
> Yes, I certainly apologize if I have done something wrong here? I have contaged this GT to see
> what the issue(s) are regarding my posts.

Yes, your response is in the mail and I have cc'd my assistant Pete Fagerlin. Pete monitors the
moderation software when I'm off-line.

You have been banned for extremely poor taste pertaining to the method in which you scribble your
anti-alt.mountain-bike diatribes while proceeeding to delete previous context.

Please report to the nearest Usenet etiquette FAQ, say 25 Hail GTs, write a letter of capitulation
and mail it to ICANN, throw your Jekyll under a steamroller, and buy a Huffy.

Yours truly, The Moderator

Wha? wrote:
> ??? I've never seen a forum with so many forum nazi's in it..
>
> "I just told on you too, my dad can beat up your dad, guess that one went right over your head..
> haha, lets all laugh at the newby's"
>
> Are you guys bikers for real, or what? Someone obviously got your panties in a bunch today.
>
> How about letting these people deal with the moderator themselves. Seems to me it was some kind of
> misunderstanding.

You've been banned. Learn how to post and maybe we'll let you rejoin our exciting little club.

Greg

Paladin wrote:
> gopherhockey <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Yes, I certainly apologize if I have done something wrong here? I have contaged this GT to see
>>what the issue(s) are regarding my posts. So far the majority (other than complaining about
>>non-mountain bike discussions.. but I didn't realize there was a moderator here) would be.
>>
>>I'll take it up with him.. we're a professional organization that believes in "gaining and
>>maintaining trails" in our area - we give hundreds of volunteer hours to the "cause" so I
>>certainly don't want to get someone all upset and I apologize to whomever I have offended.. (?)
>>
>>I guess I just assumed nobody wanted to hear non-mountain biking discussions. (personally I have
>>gotten real sick of it) - but, its not my forum and I didn't realize there was a moderator - so
>>again, I'm sorry... discuss away, I'll just do as penny suggested and kill em' instead. (thanks
>>penny for actually writing a nice reply to me)
>>
>>Ok, on to other things.. again, sorry all!
>>

> That just doesn't cut it, pal. You need to grovel even more, and apologize at least 10 more times.
> Then send G.T. money.

Ah, yes. I AM shopping for a new bike so anything will help. My PayPal account is getreg at
sbcglobal dot net (I get enough Usenet spam in this account). But I think Commander Bond's recent
solicitation for donations is much worthier than my cause at the moment.

Jon, how about setting up a PayPal account if you don't already have one? I've got plenty of
ill-gotten gains from selling overpriced used vinyl on Ebay in my account. I'll start off with $10
and match the second donor's amount (within reason).

Greg

Penny S. wrote:
> Pete Jones wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:12:42 GMT, Wha? <[email protected]> blathered:
>>

>>>??? I've never seen a forum with so many forum nazi's in it..
>>>
>>>Are you guys bikers for real, or what? Someone obviously got your panties in a bunch today.
>>>
>>>How about letting these people deal with the moderator themselves. Seems to me it was some kind
>>>of misunderstanding.
>>
>>I agree, it's shocking. When I was the moderator I was a lot more understanding with minor
>>misdemeanors and rule infractions. Unfortunately I top posted once too often and was voted out.
>>That's why I don't post here much anymore, I can't take the rejection.
>>

>>----
>>http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/
>

> When I was moderator, everyone was sent to time-out in their room with no computer and no bike and
> no beer and no women for a week.

Hmmmm, trying to steal my job from me?

Greg

Wha wrote:
> Ok if you must.. then here's me on my bike
>
> http://www.midcoast.com/~ck/31700-4.jpg

I told you you were banned.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> Paladin wrote:
>
>> gopherhockey <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:<[email protected]>...
>>
>>> Yes, I certainly apologize if I have done something wrong here? I have contaged this GT to see
>>> what the issue(s) are regarding my posts. So far the majority (other than complaining about
>>> non-mountain bike discussions.. but I didn't realize there was a moderator here) would be.
>>>
>>> I'll take it up with him.. we're a professional organization that believes in "gaining and
>>> maintaining trails" in our area - we give hundreds of volunteer hours to the "cause" so I
>>> certainly don't want to get someone all upset and I apologize to whomever I have offended.. (?)
>>>
>>> I guess I just assumed nobody wanted to hear non-mountain biking discussions. (personally I have
>>> gotten real sick of it) - but, its not my forum and I didn't realize there was a moderator - so
>>> again, I'm sorry... discuss away, I'll just do as penny suggested and kill em' instead. (thanks
>>> penny for actually writing a nice reply to me)
>>>
>>> Ok, on to other things.. again, sorry all!
>>>

>> That just doesn't cut it, pal. You need to grovel even more, and apologize at least 10 more
>> times. Then send G.T. money.
>>

> Ah, yes. I AM shopping for a new bike so anything will help. My PayPal account is getreg at
> sbcglobal dot net (I get enough Usenet spam in this account). But I think Commander Bond's recent
> solicitation for donations is much worthier than my cause at the moment.
>
> Jon, how about setting up a PayPal account if you don't already have one? I've got plenty of
> ill-gotten gains from selling overpriced used vinyl on Ebay in my account. I'll start off with $10
> and match the second donor's amount (within reason).

Hmmm, that's certainly an idea. Now I just have to find $80 to donate to myself right after
you donate ;)

I'll look into that. I just ordered the frame today (1380 including shipping), ordering the fork
soon (trying to decide whether to get it for 450 and move my current chris king headset to the new
bike, or 550 with a free chris king headset....), waiting for the shimano groupset to be shipped
in... then 200 wheels from jenson usa, a seatpost from performance (20% coupon), some bits from my
current bike, and maybe a few showy items just for fun (carbon spacers and those lizard skins carbon
frame protectors... hehe, I'm so vain).... it all adds up to a lotta dosh ;)

> Greg

Jon Bond

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

I just ordered the frame today (1380 including
> shipping), ordering the fork soon (trying to decide whether to get it for 450 and move my current
> chris king headset to the new bike, or 550 with a free chris king headset....), waiting for the
> shimano groupset to be shipped in... then 200 wheels from jenson usa, a seatpost from performance
> (20% coupon), some bits from my current bike, and maybe a few showy items just for fun (carbon
> spacers and those lizard skins carbon frame protectors... hehe, I'm so vain).... it all adds up to
> a lotta dosh ;)

450 or 550 with a "free" CK headset?!? Speedgoat's differential with/without is closer to $50 or 60
I believe.

What wheels are you getting from Jenson? I'm considering Cane Creek Aeroheats or Sun-Ringle RPM
Lites from Supergo (local purchase, not shipped) for $219. (Although I *should* splurge and get
something hand-built.)

Bill "cheap where it matters most" S.

Sorni wrote:
> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> I just ordered the frame today (1380 including
>
>>shipping), ordering the fork soon (trying to decide whether to get it for 450 and move my current
>>chris king headset to the new bike, or 550 with a free chris king headset....), waiting for the
>>shimano groupset to be shipped in... then 200 wheels from jenson usa, a seatpost from performance
>>(20% coupon), some bits from my current bike, and maybe a few showy items just for fun (carbon
>>spacers and those lizard skins carbon frame protectors... hehe, I'm so vain).... it all adds up to
>>a lotta dosh ;)
>

> 450 or 550 with a "free" CK headset?!? Speedgoat's differential with/without is closer to $50 or
> 60 I believe.
>
> What wheels are you getting from Jenson? I'm considering Cane Creek Aeroheats or Sun-Ringle RPM
> Lites from Supergo (local purchase, not shipped) for $219. (Although I *should* splurge and get
> something hand-built.)
>
> Bill "cheap where it matters most" S.

speedgoat is 550 for the fork w/ free headset. The other price is due to that whole sponsorship
gig... did I mention I was sponsored before? I probably didn't... ;)

Jon Bond

Where is JD when you need him? Just shut the heck up and ride!

Cleanbean

Pete Jones wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2003 18:49:36 GMT, [email protected] (Scribe2b) blathered:
>
>> lets start with me, fine... born during ww2. yep, middle aged
>
> Hmm, and an optimist too.

So wha' ts the name of a person who invites others to look at a picture of a half nekkid child? Mike

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 20:14:17 -0000, "Taywood" <[email protected]> blathered:

>>> lets start with me, fine... born during ww2. yep, middle aged
>>
>> Hmm, and an optimist too.
>
>So wha' ts the name of a person who invites others to look at a picture of a half nekkid child?

Did I miss something?

Pete
----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/