Who Can Coker Glide?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by shadowuni, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. shadowuni

    shadowuni Guest

    i am almost at that stage, being able to ww and transfer back fairly
    well, and have had ~some~ sucess with gliding it down a hill. i should
    be good at it with a day or two of solid practice. can anyone else do
    this? i was going to get good at it and put it in a movie soon, but i
    feel like posting about it, and it will still be cool when i make a
    movie with that in it.

    --
    shadowuni - Crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery

    "No one is taller than the last man standing"
    My Give-A-Damn's Busted
    "Bullets! My only weakness! How did you know?" - Cop
    "Imagine what you'll know tomorrow" - Agent K, M.I.B.
    shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806

  2. jsm

    jsm Guest

    I'll try it tomorrow in North Bend if I can get at one for a while. It
    seems to me, that the hardest part about Coker gliding would be the
    angled crown and resulting lack of support. Where do you rest the
    non-gliding foot?

    --
    jsm - Freestyle Expert

    Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
    jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

  3. caw89

    caw89 Guest

  4. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    I think the hardest thing about coker gliding is that the seat is so
    close to the wheel, so your legs would have to be really bent up.
    you could try stand up gliding I suppose. wait, no, that's suicide,
    nevermind.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

  5. jsm

    jsm Guest

    I only had a few minutes on the Coker, but I couldn't glide it. I could
    wheel walk it a little ways, though.

    When I decided I wanted to learn handride, I experimented with different
    ways of doing it. If you have your stomach on the seat, you can't reach
    the pedals. If you try to sit normally, it hurts too much. I actually
    turn the seat around so the unicycle is backward, and rest my abdomen on
    the seat. It's not really painful.

    --
    jsm - Freestyle Expert

    Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
    jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

  6. shadowuni

    shadowuni Guest

    my non gliding foot seems like it stays in mid air, but it stands a good
    chance that it is resting on the zip tie for my cyclometer.
    cody the point is not to go fast, but to try something hard. plus, im
    faster than you anyway. race me, ill eat you like seconds. lol it would
    be cool to race.

    --
    shadowuni - Crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery

    "No one is taller than the last man standing"
    My Give-A-Damn's Busted
    "Bullets! My only weakness! How did you know?" - Cop
    "Imagine what you'll know tomorrow" - Agent K, M.I.B.
    shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806

  7. I have had pull glides on a Coker. It is easiest if you glide further
    down the wheel than you normally do, it gives you more ability to hold
    the saddle.

    Roger

    --
    rogeratunicycledotcom - ok ish Unicyclist

    ++++++++++++++++++++++
    Unicycle.com in the UK
    The UK's Unicycle Source
    BUC12
    22nd to 24th April 2005
    </a>
    ++++++++++++++++++++++
    rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

  8. caw89

    caw89 Guest

    shadowuni wrote:
    > *my non gliding foot seems like it stays in mid air, but it stands a
    > good chance that it is resting on the zip tie for my cyclometer.
    > cody the point is not to go fast, but to try something hard. plus, im
    > faster than you anyway. race me, ill eat you like seconds. lol it
    > would be cool to race. *

    Im sure you would, I dont try to be fast on a uni. I haul a** glidin
    down some narly hills, and I only learned to glide to go fast down
    hills...

    --
    caw89 - Cody

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery