Who can request at at market?

~patches~ wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Can you ask your local market/supermarket to order something and they will
> > do it? And I'm not just talking promises; do they actually do it?
> >
> > Jill <--holding back until I hear what you folks have to say
> >

> My experience is yes but that is very limited. I'm curious to hear
> other replies.

In our local Sobey's, I once asked for a certain product. The manager
brought out a large 3 ring binder and checked it for my request. The
book listed all products handled by the store. My product wasn't
listed, so they couldn't order it for me.....Sharon

jmcquown wrote:
> Jessica V. wrote:
> > As luck would have it, a small local liquor store is ordering the cola
> > for me, a four case minimum.
> >
> > Jessica

> Wowsa! I sure hope you like cola!
>
> Jill

A case for home and three for the lake house, most of it will be used
in Cuba Libres. No lack of guests (or indulgence in adult beverages)
at the lake house so I'm sure using it it up won't be a problem.

Jessica

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:38:38 -0600, "jmcquown"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Can you ask your local market/supermarket to order something and they will
>do it? And I'm not just talking promises; do they actually do it?
>
>Jill <--holding back until I hear what you folks have to say

Depends on the store, and also what you are asking for. Our store has
a policy about only ordering stuff that is on the official list, but
we don't carry everything on that list. So, if you ask for something
that is on the list, but not in the store, we will order it.

This is frequently seen with items that sell well in one area but not
so well in another. If you can get it at one store in a chain, and
other store in that chain can order it, even if they don't have it in
stock.

When somebody asks me for something that would be in my department, I
check the order book. If it is listed there, I will order it.

That said, not every clerk is helpful, and not every clerk knows what
they are doing. I'm not sure which is the case with the frozen manager
at my store. They stopped carrying my favorite flavor of ice cream
(okay, the *only* flavor I will buy). I checked the company's website,
and it was not discontinued. I left a note for the frozen manager. (we
work opposite shifts). No response. A few weeks later, I left another
note, even asked if they could just order it and if not allowed on the
shelf, at least keep it in the back freezer. I'll buy it. Guaranteed
sale. No response.

So, I asked the lady does receieving to ask the vendor. Two days
later, it was in stock. A couple weeks after that, I got a note back
from the frozen manager. Not possible. Not allowed. UPC code won't
ring up. I left him one of my receipts. Apparently, he had no clue
that the vendor had been stocking it, and it was ringing up just fine.

That was over a year ago, and it's run out a couple times, but only
for a day or two. The vendor will bring whatever is asked for.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography