Who Crashed

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Davey Crockett, Oct 12, 2003.

  1. Who was the rider that crashed in the final corner?

    I had two radio stations and two tv stations tuned and none even mentioned the crash.

    But it's there sure enough when I replayed the tape

    --
    le vent a Dos

    Davey Crockett

    Tags:

  2. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Davey Crockett wrote:
    > Who was the rider that crashed in the final corner?
    >
    > I had two radio stations and two tv stations tuned and none even mentioned the crash.
    >
    > But it's there sure enough when I replayed the tape

    Looked like he got up pretty quickly.

  3. On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:07:46 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    > Looked like he got up pretty quickly.

    He did, but he then pressed himself up against the barriers to let the peloton pass, so he came in
    at the back of the first big bunch at the earliest.

  4. Benjo Maso

    Benjo Maso Guest

  5. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  6. Beetlebum

    Beetlebum New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2003
    From CN: "Astarloa powered around the last bend and had plenty of time to celebrate his win, as the small chase group wound up behind him for the silver medal, minus Oscar Camenzind who crashed on the last corner. "

    So, Camenzind, if that's the crash you're talking about...

  7. Oscar Mannheim wrote:

    > "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
    > news:[email protected]rs .com. ..
    >> Who was the rider that crashed in the final corner?
    >
    > Oscar Camenzind

    Correct. I saw the race in Swiss TV. The commentator Hans Jucker literally needed hours to figure
    out, what happened to Camenzind. He was in the group after Astarloa and he did not appear within the
    first finishers. It was really not so difficult to see, what happened to him. He took his bike
    rather fast again, but at that time the peloton was there already. In the TV-pictures, one could see
    him standing together with his bike few meters after the last turn, where he crashed. Perhaps he was
    seriously injured. I had the impression, that he just could not get into the road again, while all
    the others rushed by. Anyway, I think he had made a good race.

    Clever of I.A. He refused to work together with the seemingly final break (where he probably was the
    best sprinter besides Bettini), to attack himself soon later - just before the peloton catched
    (almost) the group. Perhaps not nice, but successful. In the men's pro race in recent years, Spain
    certainly was the most successful nation. Since Olano (with Indurain second) they probably did not
    belong to the top favorites often (with the exception of Freire's second win).

    Regards, Dieter