Who do you enjoy biking with the most?

usedtrekbikes

Oct 10, 2010
I am new here and just wanted to hear some stories from you guys about who your favorite person or people is to bike with?

Myself, hard to find anyone to ride with, especially having younger kids. I get out when I can.

With my girlfriend of course. Who else would I say, especially when she is looking over my shoulder?

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hi![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I've only been riding since July, so haven't found a lot of people to ride with, since I'm retired and most of my friends still work during the day. But I love riding alone, since my bike path is in a fairly safe area, and on weekends I like to ride with my hubby and/or my daughter, when she comes home to visit. When I first started, I didn't think I would like riding alone; but I find it very peaceful. I don't have to worry about keeping a conversation going with anybody, about wondering if they think I'm riding poorly, and can just sit and let the pedaling free my mind and let it wander where it will. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Next June, though, I'm going to be taking my first tour, a beginner's Sag-wagon-supported women-only tour on flat terrain with mostly paved bike paths, so I will need to learn the rules of riding with other people -- though I'll probably be wayyyy far in the back, lol.[/COLOR]

Due to mine and others work schedules and family I never can find the time to ride with someone else. Saturday is the only time I could, but because I want to ride 75 to 120 miles most other riders simply don't want to go that far.

The reason I like to cycle is for it's ability to mentally relax me, and it provides an [SIZE=12.0pt]opportunity to see the countryside, other small town, and to be out with nature, it's just plain and simple...relaxing.[/SIZE]

I most enjoy riding alone. This summer when it was so hot, I would leave the
house at 3am and have all the streets and trails to myself save an occassional
skunk or deer.

Kimber is sun sensitive so she can only ride in the evenings when weather
permits. About ten miles is her limit and she likes to go six to eight miles
per hour..

I enjoy riding with my mates, tie-wrap legs, catweasel and Mozzer. We have been riding for a couple of years with each other.
We have great fun and riding with them isn't hard at all.
We are all competitive so we race each other, and whenever we see anyone else on the road we race them.
I wouldn't swap them for any other riding mates, they are very funny, great spirited and real good riders to boot..
We are the Nottingham Elite...NOT...Ha ha ha

Whupp

Yeah I typically ride by myself as well which can be relaxing but from time to time I think that it would be fun to get out in a 3-4 person group.

Originally Posted by SierraSlim .

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hi![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I've only been riding since July, so haven't found a lot of people to ride with, since I'm retired and most of my friends still work during the day. But I love riding alone, since my bike path is in a fairly safe area, and on weekends I like to ride with my hubby and/or my daughter, when she comes home to visit. When I first started, I didn't think I would like riding alone; but I find it very peaceful. I don't have to worry about keeping a conversation going with anybody, about wondering if they think I'm riding poorly, and can just sit and let the pedaling free my mind and let it wander where it will. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Next June, though, I'm going to be taking my first tour, a beginner's Sag-wagon-supported women-only tour on flat terrain with mostly paved bike paths, so I will need to learn the rules of riding with other people -- though I'll probably be wayyyy far in the back, lol.[/COLOR]
Hi Slim,
Once you have your new bike you should check with your LBS about group rides. Most shops around here have group rides on weekends and during the week. They are generaly organized for various level of riders and are a good place for you to learn how to ride in a group. This would be a way for you to meet riders from your area also. If you can get a few of these rides in before June comes around then you will only need to focus on completeing the tour.

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hey, Dave, good idea![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I did check and found one bike group that had a tour in Folsom (about 25 miles from here) that sounds like it would have been fun... if it hadn't been last week, LOL. I will keep looking, though, and ask the bike shops.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Thanks! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif[/COLOR]

i ride by myself like to stop and enjoy the scenery and if you got any problems they just go away its so enjoyable on your own

I'm a solo rider most of the time because I work shifts so it's hard to join clubs. I'm happy with it, I always push harder on my own.

I prefer to ride in a group. I enjoy the conversation and the occasional competitive moments. I also like that when I ride with my friends/teammates we not only push each other to work hard, but we also push each other to improve our handling skills - ride close together, corner at speed, navigate tricky terrain (gravel or torn up road surface) smoothly, etc. After every ride with them, I feel like I am a better bike rider than I was the day before.

Reactions: SierraSlim