Who Do You Like Cycling With?

Discussion in 'Touring and recreational cycling' started by Dora M, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Of course, it would be my husband for my most like companion in biking. However, we only have 1 bike, hahahaaa. So what we do is I bike and he jogs along and some other times we exchange places. But sad to say, that was years ago since we last did that. And I had given my bike to a nephew.

That is one reason why I joined this forum. I am planning to motivate myself in buying a bike so I could bike again... need to shed off extra pounds, huh.

2. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

Yeah they were some fun times.

I lived in a town that at the time had a lot of industries that were closing down on a waterfront and in some cases in stages of demolition. We would go there in groups and build ramps for our bikes out of all the old bits of wood, bricks and carpets that had been left there. Thinking about it we were quite imaginative when it came to using what was there. A couple years later the area we went to was redeveloped into luxury waterside properties. I sometimes take a little trip there when I'm feeling nostalgic and stuff.

3. lightenstir

lightenstir New Member

Back when I lived in the countryside, I used to take my dog with me. There were lots of deserted roads, no danger of him being hit by cars, beautiful scenery, it was great. He would run with me a while, go off by himself god knows where, then find me later.

4. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

That does sound pretty peaceful and fun. What type of dog was s/he?

I forgot to mention about another thing I did with my sister and our bikes. Next to the place I mentioned my previous post was a gated waterside community. It was quite small but it was really posh. It had it's own private birthing areas for boats and had a road that ran around the houses and back to the entrance, creating a circuit. I was also pretty into Formula 1 at the time so I used to pretend the place was like the Monaco Grand Prix track and used to race around it. Quite silly really, looking back on it.

5. 9lines

9lines Member

I like to go cycling with my daughter. I want her to know all the cycling basics. She also loves cycling with me since her mother does not like cycling at all. Mostly on weekends sometimes in the evening. I hope she will grow to be a professional cyclist.

6. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

I like to go alone. I don't like trying to keep pace with others. I think it can be a safety issue to ride in a group at times. I like to take my own direction. I like to be on my own schedule.

7. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Member

Riding the bike definitely gives me another perspective and make me think clearer, not to mention that get the energy of my body moving, it's a great energyser.

8. Pixie_Dust

Pixie_Dust New Member

Well, I definitely prefer to cycle alone. It just leaves me with my thoughts, and I can just ride and enjoy my solitude. However, sometimes it's nice to go on a ride with some friends. But in this case you should relate to the desires and needs of the whole group and it usually ties you up a bit.

9. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Member

It's something totally different to ride alone or with someone. When we are alone we can go wherever we want, but with someone else we do have company what is great too.

Volnix likes this.
  10. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

Who's "we" you creepy troll nutjob???

Sunflogun likes this.
  11. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Member

lol, now you got me, you have a sharp eye so you noticed I was not alone? :D

12. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Member

Absolutely, I felt the same way and there's a lot of adrenaline.

13. Catsyo

Catsyo New Member

I mostly ride alone because most of my cycling is for boring reasons like running errands. It's not exactly easy to find someone who wants to go grocery shopping with me, for example. I do like riding with a couple friends. I'm hoping after I move into the downtown area of my town, more of my friends will want to ride places with me. Right now I live pretty far from all of them in a hilly part of town but a lot of my friends live near downtown or are going to go down there anyway so that should making finding a couple to go out much easier.

14. metalmancpa

metalmancpa New Member

Alone, period. My time, my pace. Personally I find cycling time not be be social chatting with people - I get enough of that in life and I don't enjoy it much.

15. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Member

Awesome!

16. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Member

Yeah, that is the beauty about cycling, each one can do it alone or with we love with no issues.

17. pinkride

pinkride New Member

I really enjoy cycling with familiar people to me, such as my family and friends. Cycling just gets so much more enjoyable when you do it with people you like and like you back.

18. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Member

That is true, because there is so much to see that when we can share that with people we like that can make the experience way more enjoyable.

19. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member

I like to ride with a partner. Who else could be your best partner other than your girlfriend. Being a girl, her perspective is completely different. I enjoy the difference. Biking under overhanging greenery is a big attraction for both of us.

20. welshdude3

welshdude3 Member

Cycling for me is a largely solitary experience. If I get caught loafing by some roadies I'll join their pace line for a few miles. Or if I meet someone on the local bike trail I'll talk shop with them. But, it always comes back to being a solo venture. Though an introvert I DO like to see and meet others when out riding. Again it comes back to being a solo venture.