Who do you think is doping in the '08 Tour?

greg52

Jul 26, 2007
My predictions:

Ricco
Kirchen
Shumacher
Casse D'Epargne (team-wide program)

Kreuziger
Cancellara

See, you ban JB and the boys and all hell breaks out when there is nobody to emulate. There would be no doping if Astana were here.

Jeff Vader said:
Kreuziger
Cancellara

See, you ban JB and the boys and all hell breaks out when there is nobody to emulate. There would be no doping if Astana were here.
man this has been an entertaining day over here. thank you all.

*walks away chuckling*

greg52 said:
My predictions:

Ricco
Kirchen
Shumacher
Casse D'Epargne (team-wide program)
I wouldn't be surprised if Sastre or Moreau ended up positive.
Well I really wouldn't be surprised if anybody was positive but those two I think are a bit more suspicious.

Wayne666 said:
Well I really wouldn't be surprised if anybody was positive but those two I think are a bit more suspicious.
Moreau has already pulled out.

Anyway, what do people think about teams like Garmin-Chipotle? Do you think they are clean, or whether the riders are beating the longitudinal testing, or whether the testing is a scam?

TheDarkLord said:
Moreau has already pulled out.
That has yet to be explained... attacking at the beginning of a stage and then pulling out. :confused: Any further news on Moreau?

Wayne666 said:
What is suspicious about Sastre? He appears to be his usual self. CSC's anti-doping program will probably keep his blood values from being too out of whack, so he probably won't be targeted.

With all the testing of Ricco and Cunego, I would not be surprised if one of them was popped.

Is the HGH testing going on right now or will that be done after the Tour? That is the test that I would expect to catch a few riders.

Bro Deal said:
What is suspicious about Sastre? He appears to be his usual self. CSC's anti-doping program will probably keep his blood values from being too out of whack, so he probably won't be targeted.

With all the testing of Ricco and Cunego, I would not be surprised if one of them was popped.

Is the HGH testing going on right now or will that be done after the Tour? That is the test that I would expect to catch a few riders.
I was reading that Riccò has already been tested four times in this Tour. As for Cunego, I am not sure, but he has been heavily targeted by the Italian Federation (already this winter - he was tested two days in a row while on the team's winter training camp).

Powerful Pete said:
I was reading that Riccò has already been tested four times in this Tour. As for Cunego, I am not sure, but he has been heavily targeted by the Italian Federation (already this winter - he was tested two days in a row while on the team's winter training camp).
I think both Ricco and Cunego were tested four or five times in the first week because of their high hematocrits.

Wayne666 said:
Shockingly bad at the Dauphine, now looking very good. Classic blood doping pattern, but who knows.
Classic timing of form...

Plus sastre said he were only riding Duphine as training.

To me Sastre is the least suspecious..

MintID said:
Classic timing of form...

Plus sastre said he were only riding Duphine as training.

To me Sastre is the least suspecious..
Yeah but in the past we know how that form was achieved. Sure he may be clean but I would be less surprised if he was popped as opposed to some other riders.

And he may have thrown in the towel at some point in the Dauphine but I thought he looked like he was absolutely cracked early on in the race, not just out doing a training ride.

I won't repeat names, but my new addition is Vande Velde. I think he's dabbled on and off his entire career, and he's dabbling again.

Bro Deal said:
I think both Ricco and Cunego were tested four or five times in the first week because of their high hematocrits.
But Cunego's got that letter from his parents/doctor (
biggrin.gif
) saying he has a naturally high HCT which allows him to go over 50%... hasn't he? Are they still able to nab him if his values are higher than his own norm... blood passport style? Or are they focussing on other tests?

The French cycling authority doing the tests doesn't have the benefit of the UCI's year round data for each cyclist I presume, so that would make abnormalities harder to pick in reference to a cyclist's normal range.