Who do you think is doping in the '09 tour?

Grater said:
I think it's because of what I said. You know how we can joke on here - like I mentioned that stuff about Armstrong in the "Is he paying people thread?". Well, I stepped over the mark.

WBT started the topic, will Armstrong help Armstrong up Ventoux. I then said the following. "Yes he will. He's doing what he did since 1999, dope. He took his EPO dose yesterday morning in preparation for today. He'll be fine."

If I said that here, we'd be fine. Nothing will happen!

Naturally, they probably **** themselves, deleted the comment and then banned me.

I think that's what it was for. Unless they got sick of me bagging the **** out of Phil Liggett. Who, mind you, makes at least 1000 mistakes every race he calls!

Hello Grater,

thanks for the reply. I looked at the thread and yes, your post is gone. Also, it seems whiteboytrash who started the thread got banned as well.

I have to admit that during the last few days, in particular after the last ITT, I got quite fed up and posted a few not-so-nice posts there as well. Not in the same thread as you, though, so maybe I just lucked out and dodged a ban. Didn't BroDeal get banned as well once? I know he's posting there now, but I think he was banned once.

I think the cyclingnews forum made already a big mistake when they separated racing discussion from doping discussion. You can't. It's too close. Example: 'why did Menchov so badly?' what are you going to say when you can't use the d-word? If they now start banning posters like you, I think their forum is going to way of the double penetration forum. It's going to be pretty fast pretty quiet there with only a few newbie fanboys from time to time. The only happy regulars left will be the forum police which will squabble endlessly about posts staying on topic and in which subforum threads should be moved.

I really like this place here because of the relaxed atmosphere, light handed moderation, and knowledgeable posters (well mostly). Unfortunately, a lot of people left in the past, first to the justcycling forum and then to the cyclingnews forum. But maybe we'll see people returning from the latter if moderation becomes too heavy-handed or too many good posters get forced out.

I was banned too! My first ever ban on a forum. Actually I am happy to be banned with so great posters.
Hopefully we can come back with just one other nickname. They don't chek email adress and IP adress so the bans are more a warning.

Cobblestones said:
Hello Grater,

thanks for the reply. I looked at the thread and yes, your post is gone. Also, it seems whiteboytrash who started the thread got banned as well.

I have to admit that during the last few days, in particular after the last ITT, I got quite fed up and posted a few not-so-nice posts there as well. Not in the same thread as you, though, so maybe I just lucked out and dodged a ban. Didn't BroDeal get banned as well once? I know he's posting there now, but I think he was banned once.

I think the cyclingnews forum made already a big mistake when they separated racing discussion from doping discussion. You can't. It's too close. Example: 'why did Menchov so badly?' what are you going to say when you can't use the d-word? If they now start banning posters like you, I think their forum is going to way of the double penetration forum. It's going to be pretty fast pretty quiet there with only a few newbie fanboys from time to time. The only happy regulars left will be the forum police which will squabble endlessly about posts staying on topic and in which subforum threads should be moved.

I really like this place here because of the relaxed atmosphere, light handed moderation, and knowledgeable posters (well mostly). Unfortunately, a lot of people left in the past, first to the justcycling forum and then to the cyclingnews forum. But maybe we'll see people returning from the latter if moderation becomes too heavy-handed or too many good posters get forced out.

Exactly. Can't argue much with that point.

To the top of your post - yeah you probably just dodged a ban depending on what you do. But yes seperating doping from general cycling discussion is stupid. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that Rabobank had a bad tour because Vienna was shut down. Coincidence? I think not!

CN probably worry about the legal aspects!

Grater said:
Poulidor - what did you do?
I don't know. Probably I just responded to a fanboy.

The message said that I was already warned but I never got those warnings.

I was victim of a conspiracy of Lance against French, he has always disliked Us.

poulidor said:
I don't know. Probably I just responded to a fanboy.

The message said that I was already warned but I never got those warnings.

I was victim of a conspiracy of Lance against French, he has always disliked Us.

Poupou, I thought you were 'Nobody' over there? 'Nobody' doesn't show up as banned. Anyway, sorry to hear that.

Cobblestones said:
Poupou, I thought you were 'Nobody' over there? 'Nobody' doesn't show up as banned. Anyway, sorry to hear that.
Yes my ban finished on July 27th. Thanks for your compassion, it was a terrible moment, I thought my live ended there, I would never wish it to my worst ennemy, but if someone could ban Armstrong of twitter because of ab honimen attack on Contador, that would be great. :rolleyes:

poulidor said:
Yes my ban finished on July 27th. Thanks for your compassion, it was a terrible moment, I thought my live ended there, I would never wish it to my worst ennemy, but if someone could ban Armstrong of twitter because of ab honimen attack on Contador, that would be great. :rolleyes:
Oh, next time we should put you on suicide watch then, I guess. :eek: So what did you get, a two day ban? Grater got two years! Sounds like you did the equivalent of stealing candy from a kid while Grater must have a$$raped a few moderators. Well, that's poulidor in a nutshell. Always in the shadow of a gr(e)ater man. :p

Cobblestones said:
Oh, next time we should put you on suicide watch then, I guess. :eek: So what did you get, a two day ban? Grater got two years! Sounds like you did the equivalent of stealing candy from a kid while Grater must have a$$raped a few moderators. Well, that's poulidor in a nutshell. Always in the shadow of a gr(e)ater man. :p
That should have been a 10 days ban, I could have been put in jail to Guantanamo with the 2 famous Grater and WBT. Repression is terrible.

But LiveClean will save the world of the bad guys.

poulidor said:
That should have been a 10 days ban, I could have been put in jail to Guantanamo with the 2 famous Grater and WBT. Repression is terrible.

But LiveClean will save the world of the bad guys.

I'm living it up in Guantanamo at the moment! My facebook status soon will be "haha, I got handed a 2 year ban on CN forums".

You know, I could come back under a different name, but then nah! I like the name Grater. Maybe sign up as 'Gr8r' ?

WBT used to post here, didn't he? I'm curious what he got banned for! Hell, I don't even know exactly what I was banned for. Not that it matters. It appears that this place is on the up again thanks to Steve!

In fairness, I think the policy here is relaxed because the majority of posters try to interact in a reasonable way.
Which is the way it should be.

Grater said:
WBT used to post here, didn't he? I'm curious what he got banned for! Hell, I don't even know exactly what I was banned for.

I can check, we don't have any members with the username wbt though. I def remember him, do you know his exact username?

thanks

steve said:
I can check, we don't have any members with the username wbt though. I def remember him, do you know his exact username?

thanks

wbt = whiteboytrash, Steve.

Stay will the flow :D

limerickman said:
wbt = whiteboytrash, Steve.

Stay will the flow :D

of course, anyway he's not banned. He should post more, we like him here :D

steve said:

thanks

Steve, what I was meaning is why he got banned on CN!

Cheers!

****-tel-looza, winner of Stage 16, was busted during a test in June for EPO...

... it would seem that given the tests results are taking a month, we may see a few surprises from the Tour in coming weeks.

One can only assume that protocol is being followed and news of tests isn't being leaked seconds after a non-negative finding is discovered on the "A Sample" in the lab a LLND...