Who do you think is doping in the '09 tour?

swampy1970 said:
****-tel-looza, winner of Stage 16, was busted during a test in June for EPO...

... it would seem that given the tests results are taking a month, we may see a few surprises from the Tour in coming weeks.

One can only assume that protocol is being followed and news of tests isn't being leaked seconds after a non-negative finding is discovered on the "A Sample" in the lab a LLND...

That might be it, but the test for CERA has not been around that long and remains hit and miss. I think this could be it.

I've defended Contador but I'm starting to be a little more suspicious of him. One of the main reasons Lance came back to the sport, in my view, was that he thought that the doping controls were so tight he could still win in a fair fight. So his remarks about Contador producing numbers that he never did, on the Swiss climb, after that stage, seem a rather coded attack. I think Armstrong may have a point.

Lance has a point... that Contador was doped... but he is still doped, he was relative close of his old EPO performances. Probably he was hoping that his contender would have worst PED than him.

It's funny, Lance has always complained against the same accusation when he produced unbelievable performance. What a whiner! he should focus on his ride, like he liked to repeat us. Creating a controversy about Contador's performance is not good for cycling, Lance has to leave cycling, he don't love it anymore.

Who do believe that Lance's loss of weight was natural? Who think it would be the result of the use of product like AICAR as pointed by Bordry?

According to Poulidor, everyone near the top is doping. Of course, that view requires a distinct lack of critical thought or intellectual capacity. It does, however, sit nicely in his tummy and meshes well with his myopic view of the world.

Yee haw.

I think LeClerc and Mr. Pound dope, and they are likely meth addicts. I know this because I suspect it. Obviously, they would deny it, but that only proves how guilty they are.

By the way, has anyone seen Godot?

jimmypop said:
It's always nice when people don't understand science.

Funny how JV was willing to trust science when it came to the effectiveness of doping products, but now he's willing to go anti-science with a fad diet.

There are large numbers of people with a measurable immune response to gluten (a protein in wheat, barley, oats and rye). A group within them have a disease called coeliacs. No fad there.

mitosis said:
There are large numbers of people with a measurable immune response to gluten (a protein in wheat, barley, oats and rye). A group within them have a disease called coeliacs. No fad there.
Yes, celiac disease is a true entity with real symptoms, but I doubt any person would make it as a professional cyclist without knowing they had the disease and making necessary modifications long before they joined Garmin. Even more improbable would be an entire team of cyclists all having celiac disease. But you never know, given the list of medications that cyclists have been taking lately, you would think they are some of the sickest people on the planet.

Do you think Garmin runs antibody tests on their athletes for celiac dz? Do they take biopsies from their small intestine to confirm the disease prior to starting the gluten free diet? You see, that would be the proper thing to do.

mitosis said:

So the entire team has a gluten allergy? Amazing.

According to McQuaid, nobody doped in the 09 Tour and it was a 'huge step forward'

Wonder if Lance tells him to spit or swallow?

jimmypop said:
So the entire team has a gluten allergy? Amazing.

Thats not what I was saying. Further to my previous posts there are a large number of people who have not been diagnosed with coeliacs disease (biopsy being the only definitive test) whose immune system and digestive system works better on a gluten free diet. I haven't seen any evidence that people on a gluten free diet are harmed by it.