Who do you think is doping in the '09 tour?

greg52

Jul 26, 2007
We had a thread like this last year and got some good discussion going.

I was 2 for 4 last year in terms of positives.

My picks:

Contador (as well as pretty much all of Astana...)
Higgins (possible)
Andy Schleck
Frank Schleck

Definitely Armstrong. That is a guy who does not know how to ride a professional race without doping. Wiggins is looking very suspicious. He must have gotten the drugs meant for Vande Velde. Contador is on Hog Juice. The Shreks have got to be loaded. Anyone in the top ten after Ventoux. Maybe everyone in the top twenty.

Wiggins is a phenomenal competitor and has been training like a beast all year specifically for this goal. The cyclist set himself track goals and became by far the best pursuit rider and now has set himself other targets.

I think if he was doping at his wit and power then he would be up with Contadope.

He is a mentally stronger cyclist and more talented overall cyclist than Evans etc and so i see this as plausibly achieved clean.

Well, clearly after today's stage to Verbier, Contador has obviously found a good "doctor." While Armstrong has always been a doper, he is either needs to get some better "stuff" or find some way to turn back the clock - age 37 plus PED does not equal podium?

Nibali closed much too fast for my liking on Verbier. AC is so juiced it's crazy. Not so much because of his climbing, but the TT gave it away. Wiggins must be rooming with Millar on this Tour. Lance is clean. Here's a tweet from Lance from a couple days ago which proves it...

& big surprise, had antidoping control @ the finish. Keep looking, nothing to find xcept hard work & sacrifice. Never was, never will be.9:05 AM Jul 17th from UberTwitter

No_Positives said:
Nibali closed much too fast for my liking on Verbier. AC is so juiced it's crazy. Not so much because of his climbing, but the TT gave it away. Wiggins must be rooming with Millar on this Tour. Lance is clean. Here's a tweet from Lance from a couple days ago which proves it...

& big surprise, had antidoping control @ the finish. Keep looking, nothing to find xcept hard work & sacrifice. Never was, never will be.9:05 AM Jul 17th from UberTwitter
I still cant figure out whether you are taking the **** or you are the dumbest person on this forum. I hope the former...

None of the actual contenders are clean.

Some of them have clearly access to better products or better methods like Astana and CSC boys.

New to forums and hate to sound naive but why assume that all of the top cyclists are drugged? Surely this cant be true, Armstrong never tested positive, Wiggins olympic gold medalist surely they must have some cycling talent.

They are all on drugs because of their astonishing performances. They are like all running the 100m in 9.5 when 15 later all riders suddenly jumped from 10s to 9.5.
Since we have learn that the jump was done by EPO. So with clean riders, like the french, we could only wait that performances drop clearly. Still has not happened.

plectrum said:
Wiggins is a phenomenal competitor and has been training like a beast all year specifically for this goal. The cyclist set himself track goals and became by far the best pursuit rider and now has set himself other targets.

I think if he was doping at his wit and power then he would be up with Contadope.

He is a mentally stronger cyclist and more talented overall cyclist than Evans etc and so i see this as plausibly achieved clean.

kidding aren't you.

Check Cadels results in the Ardennes, and winning the overall UCI Protour category. Wiggins did not even win a bloody tour prologue, and has done jack **** on the road before now.

This is suspect.

If Hushovd and Cancellara and Hincapie were trackies, they would wipe the floor with him in the pursuit.

thunder said:
kidding aren't you.

Check Cadels results in the Ardennes, and winning the overall UCI Protour category. Wiggins did not even win a bloody tour prologue, and has done jack **** on the road before now.

This is suspect.

If Hushovd and Cancellara and Hincapie were trackies, they would wipe the floor with him in the pursuit.
+1. No one of import races track, so who gives a flying f!@# if Wiggins won some races. How many mountains did Chris Boardman fly up?

I never could stand Garmin and their smarmy self righteous attitude. Their entire 'internal' anti-doping controls are a clear conflict of interest. How well did the banks do with internal regulations and monitoring? How about the military? politicians? Anyone.....? Bueller?

The recent spat with Hincapie is just another example. It was clear they were chasing and trying to limit the time gap with no benefit to their team, but then created lame stories and excuses. At least have the balls to say what you just did. If they had, I might have at least a modicum of respect.

I'm sick of the blanket pass the media and most people on forums give that team because they are 'outspoken' against doping, despite the fact they hire known, busted dopers. Not to mention they should be banned for creating the ugliest kit in the history of road cycling (with the possible exception of the Castorama kit in the early 90's). F!@# Garmin and JV with those sh!tstains that run down the side of his face.

Keep in mind Wiggins just schooled a 7 time tour champ whom many think is the biggest uber doper in the history of cycling. Prior to this stage, Wiggins has fewer results than any professional cyclist in the top ten of the GC. Armstrong had a much, much stronger record when he won in '99.

Riders that Wiggins either pulled up the Mtn or beat:
Frank Shleck
Sastre
Evans
Kloden
Armstrong
He also gained time on Andy Schleck

If Wiggins is clean, good on him, but then we shouldn't hear a single comment about Contador, Armstrong, Schlecks or anyone else doping (especially from Wiggins who is the most self righteous of them all). They should clearly be outclimbing that guy.

P.S. I'm not an Armstrong fan so don't go down that road...

Wiggins! - You cannot tell me this guy can suddenly climb?

Rabobank boys aren't. Vienna was shut down. They have nothing.

What's the point of Border Police searching the Astana bus? If I were doping, I would have someone else take the **** across the border in a car. Why would I keep my **** in the most obvious place?

fscyclist said:
+1. No one of import races track, so who gives a flying f!@# if Wiggins won some races. How many mountains did Chris Boardman fly up?

I never could stand Garmin and their smarmy self righteous attitude. Their entire 'internal' anti-doping controls are a clear conflict of interest. How well did the banks do with internal regulations and monitoring? How about the military? politicians? Anyone.....? Bueller?

The recent spat with Hincapie is just another example. It was clear they were chasing and trying to limit the time gap with no benefit to their team, but then created lame stories and excuses. At least have the balls to say what you just did. If they had, I might have at least a modicum of respect.

I'm sick of the blanket pass the media and most people on forums give that team because they are 'outspoken' against doping, despite the fact they hire known, busted dopers. Not to mention they should be banned for creating the ugliest kit in the history of road cycling (with the possible exception of the Castorama kit in the early 90's). F!@# Garmin and JV with those sh!tstains that run down the side of his face.

Keep in mind Wiggins just schooled a 7 time tour champ whom many think is the biggest uber doper in the history of cycling. Prior to this stage, Wiggins has fewer results than any professional cyclist in the top ten of the GC. Armstrong had a much, much stronger record when he won in '99.

Riders that Wiggins either pulled up the Mtn or beat:
Frank Shleck
Sastre
Evans
Kloden
Armstrong
He also gained time on Andy Schleck

If Wiggins is clean, good on him, but then we shouldn't hear a single comment about Contador, Armstrong, Schlecks or anyone else doping (especially from Wiggins who is the most self righteous of them all). They should clearly be outclimbing that guy.

P.S. I'm not an Armstrong fan so don't go down that road...
fs on fire! Nice post!

Armstrongs performance in this Tour just reinforces the fact he has never doped. The fact that he'd come back after 4 years off and hand 98% of the peloton their asses on a plate should put this subject to bed. If he had doped all through his career, then surely he would be doping now, he'd have to be to be so far up, yet why would he come back and risk being busted when he could have just batted away the questions of his 7 tour victories as 'never tested positive', with no chance of any recourse.

If Wiggins is doped, then he has been doped for a long time. He has a excellent background and now that his focus has been 100% the tour since the Olympics, it's not too suprising to see him there. Wasn't really expecting it, but not surprised either.

Like I said if he is doped, then he has been doped for a while. It's nothing new. Though I'll put my faith in him and say he is clean.

almost everyone. the only contenders i dont think dope are Sastre and evans. thats why they dont play a part this year. armstrong and contador are obviously on supremely good doping programmes

thebluetrain said:
why would he come back and risk being busted when he could have just batted away the questions of his 7 tour victories as 'never tested positive', with no chance of any recourse.
One word: Ego. (Not to be confused with Epo)