Who drinks Red Bull

Mike L

Guest
You know, the energy drink? Is it any good? Anybody know of a way to get it shipped to Canada?

"Mike L" wrote:

> You know, the energy drink? Is it any good? Anybody know of a way to get it shipped to Canada?

I now avoid all these energy drinks like the plague.

'Red Bull' has got caffeine, so I would never touch that.

'Lucozade Sport' I can't drink any more because those sugar compounds it contains give me
stomach aches.

These drinks are all just so expensive, any way.

I was running first marathon, and tried Red Bull on the last 7-8 km, acctualy it really helped me to
finish, at least I thought so, and who knows what would happen,

Therfore I tried once again to drink RedBull before and during the race, unfortunately the
result was horrible, i felt more and more tired although I think I was well prepared, the result
was failed,

Now I am running mostly on isostar or isotonic candies, gels etc, It is very helpfull, as far as i
know cofeine is only helpful for couple minutes- works very fast, but afterwards it can cause more
problems then help, From the other side i am not sure whether it is healthy to drink energy dinks,
So I suggest you Isostar,

Ciao, Adam

U¿ytkownik "Mike L" <[email protected]> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
news:p[email protected]...
> You know, the energy drink? Is it any good? Anybody know of a way to get
it
> shipped to Canada?

Who drinks Red Bull? The people that P.T. Barnum referred to, in his famous quote. And he was
right......there IS one born every minute.

No, it isn't the same, Stephen.

Mike- I don't drink it often- overstresses the adrenals and I wind-up with a negative energy effect
the next day. Not a good situation. But when I have no energy to start with, I will drink a Red Bull
in order to get through a work day. Workouts are somewhat different. I start some workouts feeling
very unenergetic. But if I persist, I actually start to feel great as the workout progresses. I'd
recommend that approach to you as well.

Peace, Brian

"Stephen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
: Why don't you take caffeine pills instead of expensive drinks. Same
effect.
:
:
: "Mike L" <[email protected]> wrote in message
: news:p[email protected]...
: > You know, the energy drink? Is it any good? Anybody know of a way to get
: it
: > shipped to Canada?
:
:

Yep. I read that the caffeine-taurine combination is synergetic. Plus I just talked to one of my
customers in the U.S. and he is going to bring some across for me. Problem solved! Thanks for the
reply Brian.

In article <[email protected]>, "run4life"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>No, it isn't the same, Stephen.
>
>Mike- I don't drink it often- overstresses the adrenals and I wind-up with a negative energy effect
>the next day. Not a good situation. But when I have no energy to start with, I will drink a Red
>Bull in order to get through a work day. Workouts are somewhat different. I start some workouts
>feeling very unenergetic. But if I persist, I actually start to feel great as the workout
>progresses. I'd recommend that approach to you as well.
>
>Peace, Brian
>
>"Stephen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>: Why don't you take caffeine pills instead of expensive drinks. Same
>effect.
>:
>:
>: "Mike L" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>: news:p[email protected]...
>: > You know, the energy drink? Is it any good? Anybody know of a way to get
>: it
>: > shipped to Canada?
>:
>:

By the way, any drink which contains Gurana Bean extract contains caffine... even if caffine is not
mentioned anywhere on the label. CBC MarketWatch did a segment about this recently and some of those
new trendy non-carbonated drinks were found to contain the equvilant of 10 cups of coffee... again
without caffine being mentioned anywhere on the label. So if you want to avoid caffine, look out for
the pesky "Gurana Bean".
--
David Nova Scotia, Canada.

There's a chocolate bar on sale in the UK called "Boost" that contains glucose and Gurana. I know
several xc runners who use it. Whether it helps or not is another issue. Martin

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:34:08 -0300, David <[email protected]> wrote:

>By the way, any drink which contains Gurana Bean extract contains caffine... even if caffine is not
>mentioned anywhere on the label. CBC MarketWatch did a segment about this recently and some of
>those new trendy non-carbonated drinks were found to contain the equvilant of 10 cups of coffee...
>again without caffine being mentioned anywhere on the label. So if you want to avoid caffine, look
>out for the pesky "Gurana Bean".
>--
>David Nova Scotia, Canada.

Your problem was in using red bull before the race. You had a sugar "up" that then resulted in a
drop during the race. Running distance, red bull could be a help after you're well-into the run.

"coolguy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Mike L" wrote:
>
> > You know, the energy drink? Is it any good? Anybody know of a way to get it shipped to Canada?
>
> I now avoid all these energy drinks like the plague.
>
> 'Red Bull' has got caffeine, so I would never touch that.
>
> 'Lucozade Sport' I can't drink any more because those sugar compounds it contains give me
> stomach aches.

I have experienced the same thing. I take powerbars on my long runs where I need extra fuel. I find
that chewing them for 5 minutes takes my mind off running :).

What have you done to get extra fuel on the run?

Andy

> These drinks are all just so expensive, any way.

mike i tried RB in a run but did not like it ,,, maybe i need to get use to the taste ,, i just
stick with gatorade plodzilla

Mike L wrote:

> You know, the energy drink? Is it any good? Anybody know of a way to get it shipped to Canada?

I stick with Powerade/Gatorade myself. Red Bull is $2 for like 6 oz.